Picture of Bull calf.

Help Support CattleToday:

fitz

Reaction score
Got a few shots of this little fellow close to house. Just tripped 4 months. Calf out of old Bull I sold this year.

fitz

DSC006491.JPG

DSC00650.JPG

DSC006532.JPG

DSC00656.JPG

Thanks for the comments. I have some going to market next month. At this point, figure he'll ride along.

fitz

Thanks JWB.
Was thinking the other week. Alacowman, sometime back I had made the statement on here that I had gotten shed of any simmentals that gave me rat tail calves using an angus bull. If I remember correctly you commented "don't bet on it". You were right. On her 9th calf had a simmental give me a rat tail last month. Just thought I'd throw that out there.

fitz

Cross breeder #1":yyi9mka4 said:
Do you have an estimated weight on him? My guess is about 550

Just sizing him by eye, I don't think he's hit 500 yet. I was just pleased at how mature he is looking (to me) at an early age.

fitz

Just a little update and the end of another one. I had given some thought to holding this little Bull for a while. With the exception of my weaned heifers, I winter all mine in the same area. Figured with my new herd bull being a youngster himself this guy may just be in the way. I want my new bull to be breeding some cows and heifers and not trying to keep this one at bay. With that said, I took him to the sale today with an old cull cow and her steer calf. He would have turned 7 months on Christmas Eve. Scale weight after the ride was 795#.

fitz