Picture day

Help Support CattleToday:

Jeanne - Simme Valley

Reaction score
After re-scheduling, we had to take pictures even though this is what the day looked like:

So, we took them indoors. Not what the sale manager will be happy with.
This is Elusive, born 2-2-17. A Mack AF daughter out of HPF Desa Rae X322

This is Echo, born 2-21-17. A Mr Hoc Broker daughter out of HPF Ms Sweet Talkin (Dominance x Trademark)

And this is De-Calf, a 9-13-16 Sandeen Upper Class out of my donor cow, CLO Sweet Sensation 704R (Too Red x War Diva), Bred to Executive Order due 9-16-18

Silver - thanks, she is my pick also. And I don't care if they are red, black or purple polka dotted - just so that they are good. This red one was undefeated in class & division, except one show.
Workinonit - can you explain your 1950 catalog comment?? I was around then, but was not in agriculture. Born & raised a city girl - well, until about the age of 21.
the 3rd picture, De-Calf is extremely WIDE, big middled, wide base. She did extremely well at shows last year.
Middle picture, Echo, was never shown.

Jeanne - Simme Valley":2angql2v said:
Workinonit - can you explain your 1950 catalog comment??

Because the weather was so bad, and not conducive to an outdoor photo shoot, the photos were taken inside. The color of the background, and the lighting, give the photos the look of having been from a catalog from 60-or-so years ago. It has nothing to do with the calves, but everything to do with the lighting, color etc. Kind of like the look of a newspaper article from an old, yellowed newspaper. Does that make sense? :)

The calves are very nice! (as always) nI have to admit, that Macho will always be one of my favorites, that you've had.

I'd rank them 1, 3, 2. I actually like the indoor pictures and think they enhance the look of the cattle. And I like how they're not standing in a foot of straw.

Latest posts