Picture Day

Help Support CattleToday:

Reaction score
The boss and I went over to the farm after church today. Difficult to believe that it is February and the temperature is 80, that being the case I hate to even imagine what it will be like in July and August.

This is one of our home raised bulls we have him on the mature cows for clean up. We used him last year on the two and three year old group and have some very nice calves on the ground out of him. His registration # is 17844591

This is the bull we are using for clean up on a group of heifers. We just bred the heifers if we caught them on a natural heat. We preg checked the group we AI'd on the 14th so we know he has 17 to cover along with a group of 4 cows that calved late. So a total 21 head. We sold 1/2 interest in this calf to Haynes Farm in Alabama, they will be using him on their spring herd. His registration # is 18472524

This is a heifer out of our 6149 bull and our Blackcap May 0524 donor. She was palpated safe to Coleman Charlo 0256 on 2/14. Her registration # is 18490331.

This heifer was on the side of the donor we purchased last year so she made a trip from Nebraska when she was three months old. Her registration # is 18323623 also explains the different herd ID number.

Since I know I will not be able to post more than 6 photos I will go ahead a post.

gizmom

This is one of the two flush sisters that came with the group from Nebraska her maternal sister is the 5C10 heifer. Both of the flush sisters were AI'd the week prior to being shipped one stuck AI and this one was covered by the 1339 bull pictured at the start of the thread. Her bull calf is standing next to her he is pretty nice very deep and thick. She is in with the C37 bull her flush sister lost her AI calf. Her registration # is 18197793

This is a heifer out of our 831RB cow and SAV Recharge 3436 I really like her. This picture just doesn't show how thick this heifer is she is a tank. She isn't registered yet. So I will post a photo of her maternal sister C25

The registration # for C25 is 18472513. I keep thinking we need to flush the 831RB cow she just keeps doing us a great job. She is a Pathfinder never miss kind of cow.

A nice little Charlo 0256 heifer not yet registered.

A pretty sporty Resource bull calf not yet registered.

Ok one last group I will continue on another post.

gizmom

Our new donor cow purchased in November. We partnered with Upchurch Angus on this cow reg # 16390998 her bull calf born 1/2/17 is out of S A V Regard 4863.

I like her a lot so will post another picture.

Rear view of her 1/2/17 bull calf out of Regard.

Side view of her 1/2/17 bull calf. We are hauling her to Upchurch Angus in another week or so to start flushing. I think she is pretty dang special.

gizmom

TG

The photo really doesn't show how massive 913 really is.

This isn't a great photo but does give an idea of width she is one of the deepest cows I have ever worked with. We haven't tried to get her through the chute since she calved but she would not fit when she was bred. Hopefully we can squeeze her through where we can get her ear tag changed out lol.

gizmom

Whoa that 913 cow looks like a aircraft carrier with legs! I really like that C25 heifer..she has a high tail head but has a really classy look. Also like the C31 bull, what's his breeding?
Thx for all the pics!

Thanks Lazy M

We are really excited about the 913 cow. I was a bit concerned about temperament with the Net Worth in her pedigree but she is as docile as you could want one. I hope she produces well in the donor pen. The C37 bull is 16 months old his sire is Sitz Rainmaker 6169 his dam is Chloe Juanada 7009, he has been a stud since birth. I really think the calf out of C37 and C25 will be special, heck that is what I love about the cattle business I just hate having to wait so long to see if I am right or wrong.

Gizmom

Incredible pics! My fave is the "flush sister".
913 -Wow- never seen anything like her, glad she's docile!

C37 is quite the bull and that "new" donor cow is something else she'd get stuck in the mud in the spring here :p I like them both :)

Hit the road this morning with the C37 bull. Met up with our partner on the bull at the Montgomery Stock yard. Decided to have lunch at the stockyard diner. Lordy it was worth the trip for the lunch! If I lived near that place I would gain another 50 pounds! This is the first time our partner has seen the bull since he was a calf, he said he turned out every bit as good as he had hoped he would. I can't wait to see the babies out of this young bull I think they are going to be pretty darn good. Enjoyed getting to talk cow with Scott today ( and eat a great lunch)

Gizmom

As is par for the course, nice lookin critters you've got there, ma'am.

Really impressed with the depth and width on the new donor. What's her FS?

Southernblues the 5X25 cow has sure been solid for us. She has a heifer out of SAV Recharge on her side right now that is really nice. We have several females in production out of this cow and they are all pretty dang good. We used a son out of OCC Juneau 807J that was sure good.

This is a photo of the 1221 bull, we sold him after breeding season last year.

WC

We have not taken a hip height measurement on the 913 cow so I can't tell you her frame score.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yTtVMMKcDN0

This is a video of the 913 cow when we purchased her you might be able to get an idea of size based on the panels.

gizmom

We are getting ready to flush the 913 cow for a third time. I am beginning to think she likes the # 13 the first flush to SAV Sensation we got 13 eggs the 2nd flush to Resource 13 eggs this go round we are flushing her to SAV Reign a Coleman Charlo x SAV Blackcap May 4136. I have to admit I am pretty excited about this cow and the impact she is going to have on our program. I asked our partner how her bull calf is looking and his reply was "real nice" which is high praise from him.

Gizmom

gizmom":11uofid8 said:
We are getting ready to flush the 913 cow for a third time. I am beginning to think she likes the # 13 the first flush to SAV Sensation we got 13 eggs the 2nd flush to Resource 13 eggs this go round we are flushing her to SAV Reign a Coleman Charlo x SAV Blackcap May 4136. I have to admit I am pretty excited about this cow and the impact she is going to have on our program. I asked our partner how her bull calf is looking and his reply was "real nice" which is high praise from him.

Gizmom

Gizmom..... very stupid question here: the very first bull you show has what appears to be a small white stripe on his belly and a white tipped tail. Why is this? Now heres the stupid part....... ive always thought angus had no white. Apparently I'm wrong????? My bull (not registered and nowhere near as nice as yours) has the same markings. All his calf have a white spot on their belly!

All yours cows are very nice. I'd love to have some just like em!!

Cccowman

Thanks for the kind words on our cattle, I don't think your question is stupid at all. I don't know about the switch on the Bulls tail to be honest I hadn't noticed, I am thinking a play on light. I confess it has raised my curiosity enough that I will be looking at it next time I go to the farm. As far as the white on him the rule for Angus is no white in front of the navel. You will sometimes see registered Angus cattle with white udders which is fine. Back many years ago when our son was showing, we had up to that point the best heifer ever born on the place. Jacob was going to show her at the Junior Angus National show. We got her up to start getting her halter broke and I noticed a white spot in the fold of skin on her right front leg. I thought I was seeing things so we put her in the chute for a better look. Sure enough it was a white spot. The association does allow birthmarks but it was a spot not a birthmark. Now we had the best commercial heifer ever born on the place. The good news is a Maine Anjou breeder out of Kansas purchased her and I understand she made it to his flush pen.
Some Angus breeders don't like any white, it has never bothered me as long as it stays where it's supposed to. The dam 658 of the bull that has the white had white on her udder. We have a number of daughters out of 658 and several of them have white on their udders, none have ever had white in front of the navel. hopefully by saying that out loud I haven't jinxed us.

Gizmom

Gizmom do you find more white with some sires and bloodlines? I ask because i recently looked at 3 bulls by a certain SAV sire. Two of them had a white patch just in front of the scrotum. They were out of cows that were bred differently so don't feel it came from the cows side.

Latest posts