Picture Day

Help Support CattleToday:

Elkwc

Simple answer is yes I have found it more pronounced in some genetic lines. Like I said I don't mind white as long as it stays in the right area.

This is a cow we purchased as a donor about a year and a half ago. As you can see she has white on her udder. We have three of her daughters and I don't remember seeing any white on them. We have a bunch of ET calves coming this year out of her and our 6149 bull. They should be some kinda thick.

Gizmom

gizmom said:
Elkwc

Simple answer is yes I have found it more pronounced in some genetic lines. Like I said I don't mind white as long as it stays in the right area.

This is a cow we purchased as a donor about a year and a half ago. As you can see she has white on her udder. We have three of her daughters and I don't remember seeing any white on them. We have a bunch of ET calves coming this year out of her and our 6149 bull. They should be some kinda thick.

Gizmom
Thanks for the reply. To be honest sometimes when I see the white I don't even give the animal serious thought. When looking at the bulls I mentioned in my post I didn't look at them closely because of the white until the lady I go with said she really liked one of them. Then found him to be one of the top two bulls in the group. The breeder feels he is the top. He has a fairly large white circle just in front of his bag. I guess I was around too many Angus as a youth that didn't have any white so takes some getting used to. I feel many others are the same way also. As this was the only bull in the group that wasn't sold. He was the growthiest, heavy muscled, according to the breeder had the best EPD's. Was priced at 3 thousand which I felt was reasonable. The only reason I could could see for him not being sold was the white.

gizmom":1b1gebqj said:
Elkwc

Gizmom

Do you find that animals with a tad bit of white, even in the OK areas, tend to go for less at sales?

elkwc

If they do I have never been smart enough to put it together.

Best

I really like the 1221 bull the boss and I were out looking at calves this morning we have a number of his calves on the ground and man they look good. We may regret selling him, but we did use him for three years. I will have to get a few pictures of his progeny they have the same depth of body, really stout group of calves.

gizmom

Latest posts