Pics

Help Support CattleToday:

Bigiron

Reaction score
Not looking for any critique, only sharing because I enjoy looking at others pics as well.

2/1/2 year old
Pic1062.jpg

another of the same cow
Pic1063.jpg

11 month old
Pic1061.jpg

My bull not sure how old
Pic1067.jpg

calf I posted about on another thread 250#
Pic1066.jpg

They all look good , I was wondering what that cow was crossed with , she's nice. My guess is char x red angus , but I might be all wrong.

shorty":2qo2rer5 said:
They all look good , I was wondering what that cow was crossed with , she's nice. My guess is char x red angus , but I might be all wrong.
My guess- Limi/Red Angus

TNMasterBeefProducer":3scefobw said:
First cow in good flesh. She could eat way more than that itty bitty bit of hay. She looks a little lacking in rear is all I can fault her on.

maybe im less picky but she looks like a great cow. I agree with the other poster a whole herd of her wouldnt be too bad.

I got a couple of cows that look just like that first one. They are limi crosses for sure. Looks like you are feeding hay now also.....

Thanks for all your comments, I brought the first cow in pic one home in May 2006 from the sale barn. She was my first I ever owned. She weighed 350 when I brought her home. She is around 1100 pound now. I am guessing maybe char x limo?. The red heifer I brought home from the sale barn March 2, of this year, she weight 465. She is around 800 now. limo x red angus? The bull I got from a friend. The black calf I bought last weekend she weiged 250. Thanks again for taking the time to look.

I like them but the cow gets my first vote. :D She looks like she has some limo in her...

Bigiron, I like your cattle. I will take a dozen of those red ones.
TMBP...How can you honestly fault the red cows rear end ? She is not standing on level ground and you can not see her rear end. Why don't you enrich all our lives by posting your prized Salers. Tom.

Shes got a month old calf, not sure what she weighs. Your guess would be as good as mine. Shes a three year old, and shes a very good momma cow; excellent temperament.

Hard to tell in the pics. I would think 1600 guess is a little heavy. Nice cow none the less. I also notice the hair is light from the knee caps down just like mine. Do you know what she is cross with?

Bigiron i am curious from one of your other posts but do you buy heifers weighing at about 500 pounds and keep them to breed when they are ready?

Cattlehand Yes that is what I generally do. My uncle has scolded me for it, but I march tothe beat of my own drum :D

Bigiron":2pni6h3x said:
Hard to tell in the pics. I would think 1600 guess is a little heavy. Nice cow none the less. I also notice the hair is light from the knee caps down just like mine. Do you know what she is cross with?

I know the bull was my black limi bull, and her momma is a whie faced yellow cow. Not sure what kind of mix she is.