pics of the new f1 girls

Help Support CattleToday:

I am pretty leary about the idea myself. But I am more worried about the time it would take to put a load together. Then there is the shipping and having someone to trust at the other end.......

But then an eared cow, or steer, or heifer comes through the sale and sells for 50 or 60 cents and i get to thinking. I don't buy them I just think about it.

Dave":1xgi9odh said:
One of the things I like about this board is seeing what works in different parts of the country. From all the comments from people in the south those cows will work there. Up here those cows would be dirt cheap. I have often thought I should put together a load of them and ship them south. Only trouble is it would take a year or two to put together that load.

So how do you plan to breed them to get a uniform group of calves? Or does having uniform groups not matter in your area.

I'm gonna put a Char bull on them sometime in between Christmas and New Years. My goal is to have them done calving in 30 to 45 days next year. Should be done in that time period this time as well.

circlew":us0iht48 said:
Dave":us0iht48 said:
One of the things I like about this board is seeing what works in different parts of the country. From all the comments from people in the south those cows will work there. Up here those cows would be dirt cheap. I have often thought I should put together a load of them and ship them south. Only trouble is it would take a year or two to put together that load.

So how do you plan to breed them to get a uniform group of calves? Or does having uniform groups not matter in your area.

I'm gonna put a Char bull on them sometime in between Christmas and New Years. My goal is to have them done calving in 30 to 45 days next year. Should be done in that time period this time as well.

Is there such a thing as a good char bull? :D

ALACOWMAN":1t0l1s9f said:
circlew":1t0l1s9f said:
Caustic Burno":1t0l1s9f said:
Is there such a thing as a good char bull? :D

I'll search high and low. :lol:
Buck Compton,, Frank Ellis, Mike Callis are charolais breeders down your way

Thanks ALA. I've been by Frank Ellis's place and he was on my list of stops. I will have to look into the other two. There is a guy who lives close by that raises chars. We have used his bulls before and they were fine. There is also Tony Walden and Southern Cattle. Both of them feed lot their bulls, so that's a no go for me.

Dave":2juqqdew said:

I dont you have to worry about uniform calves when your dealing with ten cows there still going to go through the ring at best in group of 4 or 5. I dont thing there would be any price difference than if they were singles.

We raised ours and they are pretty quiet. No problems in the shute, but one of them put down the neighbors dog when he decided to chase them. Not real pet friendly I guess. I'll have to take pictures. Never thought to brfore. Nice cows CircleW.

circlew":1zmks7ki said:
Beefy":1zmks7ki said:
that one in pic 10 has a terrible udder.

You talking about the cow in the pic next to the black one with horns? If you are that's another cow standing behind her.

She also has too many legs to suit me. :lol: :lol:
Nice looking cows.

Cal