Pics of some of our skunk cows

Help Support CattleToday:

pinzgauer1

Reaction score
i remember reading a post awhile back refering to pinzgauer cross cattle as skunk cows so i thought i would post some pics.

random_041.jpg

random_036.jpg

http://cattletoday.com/photos/data/500/medium/random_040.jpg[/img

[img]http://cattletoday.com/photos/data/500/medium/random_044.jpg

I like your cows, and of course that baby calf.

Let me ask a question, please, if you don't mind. Would this animal here be called a pinzgauer? When I bought him as a baby at the sale, he was, of course, called holstein (in Stephenville, everything is either a holstein or jersey), but I was told he was probably longhorn. However, somewhere along the way, he forgot to grow the horns.

100_0822.JPG

Alice

alice
I believe he has pinzgauer in him from the tail and his coloration but i don't think he has a lot due to the markings on his face. pingauers will have a solid color face. i do like his looks with that bandido mask on :D

mike

one other thing he has the pink nose which is a pinzgauer trait. i forgot to mention that earlier.

mike

pinzgauer1":c72ele1d said:
alice
I believe he has pinzgauer in him from the tail and his coloration but i don't think he has a lot due to the markings on his face. pingauers will have a solid color face. i do like his looks with that bandido mask on :D

mike

that mask is why I bought him...every now and then at the auction I see a calf that just strikes my fancy...and he did. Thank goodness he stayed healthy...just a few bumps in the road, but nothing major. He's a steer now, and much to my husband's and brother's chagrin, I pronounced that he's not going anywhere. He's a good natured animal...doesn't have horns...isn't agressive (altho any talking and neck scratching is done over the fence), he's taught I don't know how many babies to eat feed, and unless he all of a sudden weirds out, he'll live here forever.

Alice

pinzgauer1":2toj483w said:
one other thing he has the pink nose which is a pinzgauer trait. i forgot to mention that earlier.

mike

My husband and I have wondered for awhile if he might not have pinzgauer in him. Having bought him at the sale, which is mainly a dairy cattle sale, I have no idea where he might have come from. Thanks for the info. :)

Alice

pinzgauer1":12g5flva said:
i remember reading a post awhile back refering to pinzgauer cross cattle as skunk cows so i thought i would post some pics.

Nice looking cattle, but I thought Pinzgauers were red. Are they crossed with Angus or something?

chrisy":2c94gwmd said:
all nice looking cows and steers.

Alice is that your place it looks very nice in the background.

Yes mam, it is. When I took the pic the grass was still green...that was in May. No rain since then...you wouldn't recognize it as the same place were I to take a pic of that exact same spot now.

However, when it's green, it is a very nice farm. Thanks for the compliment. :)

Alice

vanc
yes pinzgauer are red and white the cows in the pics are some of our pinz cross cows.

Learn somethin new everyday. Never heard of those cows - they are really neat lookin! Are they considered dairy or beef?