Pics of some of my girls..

Help Support CattleToday:

hillsdown

Reaction score
Just some pics of a few of my girls and how they are weathering the winter. I think they have held condition really well but we had a fairly good hay season and the temps have not been as brutal for long periods at a time as provinces like Manitoba. As I was out doing chores I brought my camera along and though I would share.. :)

Mandy , she turned 5 on the 7th (same bday as me) she is a small framed cow but raises one heck of a calf her last calf's ween weight was 693lbs at 182 days..She is due to Kalina Moderator any day now..

IMGP0897.jpg

A purebred heifer due with her first calf,,Little Miss Sunshine..

IMGP0891.jpg

Remember Stormy ??? She is going to be a year soon, sorry about the pic, but she always comes up to me so it is hard to make her stay unless she is tethered.. :lol2:

IMGP0893.jpg

Another PB heifer she will be 1 in March

IMGP0895.jpg

And Lou Lou, a PB black Gelbvieh she is due the end of Feb. and will be two years old in May, she was in a pic I posted in 07 when we had that freak snow storm that knocked the power out for over a day..

IMGP0902.jpg

Nice pics HD, I can hardly wait til you start calving and post some pics of those cute calves.
Suppose to start warming up here this weekend. Forcasting 61F for Sunday. Wish I could share it. :D

Good looking girls! Sounds like you will be pretty busy with calves soon too! They have held up well over this winter!

Latest posts