Pics of our calves off the horned bull

Help Support CattleToday:

Aaron

Reaction score
Replacement heifers to calve next spring.
P1010337.JPG

Heifer we are keeping
P1010338.JPG

Heifers we are keeping
P1010339.JPG

Heifer we are keeping
P1010340.JPG

Heifer we are keeping
P1010341.JPG

Steer calves
P1010342.JPG

Steer calves - Got a comment from a friend involved with feedlots that the calf in front would be a real money-maker. :D
P1010343.JPG

Steer and heifer calves
P1010344.JPG

Heifer calves, all keepers, all off great mothers. One in front is one of the oldest, one in middle was weaned (mother shipped) a month ago, and the one in the back is the youngest calf, and my favorite, born May 30.
P1010345.JPG

A good April steer calf
P1010346.JPG

They have had enough of this picture-taking BS.
P1010347.JPG

Steer calves avoiding the camera.
P1010348.JPG

Found a hole in the fence! GO! GO! GO!
P1010349.JPG

My trusty steed.
P1010350.JPG

Aaron - you have yet to disappoint me - nice animals.

We tend to be very similar in our cattle and cattle ways.

I have not walked on green grass or seen rain in 6 months now - looking forward to a 17 hour plane trip and a two week vacation to the farm in Nov - I am moving hay!

Regards

Bez

those are a heck of a set of replacement heifers.i dont blame you for keeping them.an the steers are good as well.

Aaron,
Really great looking calves you have there. Cant blame you for keeping those heifers for replacements.

Those are some nice heifers. They are probably above average, but I don't see anything great about them. The one thing I'd like to see in them is a better hindquarter. I'm not talking belgain blue but there is a reason why I picked hereford over angus.

I agree with CPL, pretty good set of heifers and certainly something to build on, very good capacity, very good type, but the group as a whole including the steers are lighter muscled than my preference.

I like the fact that you are not afraid to pick a good heifer as a replacement even when she isn't "conservatively marked".

TNMasterBeefProducer":2o430rdj said:
I seen some blackuns in there. You joining the black herf association? Are they registered? LOL :lol:

H*LL NO! One black calf is the last remnant of our dairy days. :cowboy:

Nice looking bunch there Aaron. I do agree some more muscle in the back end.
I sure do like their look though.

Nice bunch of calves. I would not of kept that one with all the white. But If you would breed her to a consevatorly marked bull you may be alright. I think the white will keep coming out though. If you are trying to sell bulls it may pose a problem but if not I would keep her. I like most of the others.JHH

JHH":s14lnbzx said:
Nice bunch of calves. I would not of kept that one with all the white. But If you would breed her to a consevatorly marked bull you may be alright. I think the white will keep coming out though. If you are trying to sell bulls it may pose a problem but if not I would keep her. I like most of the others.JHH

That's what we had planned when she was born, but her dam is a great cow. The trademark in that cowherd is a lot of white on the tail.
Majority of the calves pictured are commercial straightbred and as long as they are good calves, we'll give them a chance. We won't have to worry about selling bulls off that heifer. :cowboy: