Pics of My Show Heifer

Help Support CattleToday:

kaneranch

Reaction score
Here are some pictures of my show heifer what do Ya'll think?
P1010002.jpg
[/img]

P1010001.jpg

P1010013.jpg

You can have those rope halters cowboy.. I HATE those things. Nylon with chains like these for me too.

It's hard to tell much from those pictures kane. Try taking the photos from about her shoulder and get down on your knees when taking them. You can get a more accurate picture of her then.

These are not the best pics of her, whe hasn't been washed in a week or two. How often do you guys wash your heifers and steers? The reason I used the chain is because she would stop and would not move, constant pressure was not working. I started using the chain just to break her of this habit. It is working pretty well. I will try and wash her tomorrow and get some better pics, but until then what do you guys think of this heifer. She is a friend of mines that he is showing.

P1010008.jpg

THanks Kaneranch

Kane neither of them is good enough to win with. If you want to play to win...pick better cattle. I am not trying to be harsh just saving you some trouble. They might be good enough at the county fair to place in the top half of the class if that is the goal. Good luck.

cowboy13":2g0j9y30 said:
TheBullLady":2g0j9y30 said:
You can have those rope halters cowboy.. I HATE those things. Nylon with chains like these for me too.

It's hard to tell much from those pictures kane. Try taking the photos from about her shoulder and get down on your knees when taking them. You can get a more accurate picture of her then.

Well, I love them Miss Bull Lady. :lol:
I'm with you Cowboy13. I I hate the nylon haklter and chains, and love the rope halters.

cowboy13":1xwopw0l said:
ollie'":1xwopw0l said:
Kane neither of them is good enough to win with. If you want to play to win...pick better cattle. I am not trying to be harsh just saving you some trouble. They might be good enough at the county fair to place in the top half of the class if that is the goal. Good luck.

I'm with u Ollie', but I'm not gonna down the maine to hard because she has some potential.
Potential to be good enough at the county fair to place in the top half of the class if that is the goal..

What do the leather ones have under the chin? All the ones that people show with around here have chains under the chins. Thanks Kaneranch

Some people use the chain halters to break their calves, but they are "poo-poo'd" by professionals at a show. They should have normal rope halters on at the show. And yes, the rolled nose leather show halters have chains on them.
I have always just used rope halters for all my halter breaking & training. I always make sure I try on the show halter prior to leaving the farm, because some cattle "freak out" at the chain, which wouldn't happen if they were used to the chain halters. I just feel they are too harsh for the everyday use.

We use the rope halters, except when we have had a few (steers mostly) that you can not keep a halter on for even a day to drag around when first breaking them to lead. Have one now that gets his halter off every day. So I been thinking about putting one of these on him. I think we have had a couple steers we have had to use these on for that reason.

I notice the red heifer has a rope one so I wonder if this is the reason for the nylon halter on the black one.

I use rope halters and then put some vet wrap around the nose and behind the ears so they dont get cut up. I dont like the chain halters because the leave scars.