Pics of my new Simmental heifer

Help Support CattleToday:

VtMapleGal

Reaction score
This is a heifer i just purchased. Her Registration # is 2377234, (link: http://herdbook.simmental.org/simma...rch=T&Asrgf_0Arn=2377234+++++&nextanm=2377234 )
She is just comming 2, and i want to breed her. I have no idea how to read registration papers, so feel free to clue me in lol. Anyone have any suggestions for a bull on her? I'd like to AI. Also, i included pics of the other heifer here, a simmental, also almost 2 (she is the red one). Feel free to let me know what you think of them. I know they are a little heavy, but they get free choice hay with about 1 pound of grain a day, just to get them to the barn.

belleGirl.jpg

belle.jpg

girlly.jpg

i know 1 thing she is a nice looking heifer.you should get some good calves from her.

I dont have scales, and the dun colored heifer is quiet shy, but i would guess about 800 pounds. I havent taped them sence last fall, they were about 650 then.

Those are just barely decent yearling weights, closer to weaning weights.

power stroke has a lot of calving ease that doesn't seem to have carried though. on a heifer i would go with calving ease i personally like "olie" on ABS's website his proper name is Ellingson Legacy. i have a direct daughter and a son that i just purchased. I've never had to jack a calf from the daughter. these calves just grow like weeds and look great. they also don't have the Meyer 734 influence so many simmental cattle have

Like i said, im guessing. Ill weight the red one today, she is halter broke so i can catch her, halter her and tape her. There is a simmental breeder down the road from us, and these heifers are the same size height wise as there 2 year olds, but mine are heavier. There are thin compared to mine.
dun":1w7r2o21 said:
Those are just barely decent yearling weights, closer to weaning weights.

Im not picky on color. I thought about using Dream ON, I know he is a popular bull in this area, but personally i like the dun color, and would like maybelline to have a dun calf (her mom was dun and dad black). I weighed them today with a tape. Maybelline the dun weighed 1195 pounds, girrly, the red was about 1000. Girrly wont be 2 until end of august. I also weighted my bratty red angus who is just about a year, and she is about 800 pounds.

VtMapleGal":10pflrms said:
Im not picky on color. I thought about using Dream ON, I know he is a popular bull in this area, but personally i like the dun color, and would like maybelline to have a dun calf (her mom was dun and dad black). I weighed them today with a tape. Maybelline the dun weighed 1195 pounds, girrly, the red was about 1000. Girrly wont be 2 until end of august. I also weighted my bratty red angus who is just about a year, and she is about 800 pounds.

Those weights are much more in line of what they should be.

Dream On is a half brother to Olie and is only Heterozygous black. I'm not exactly sure if if that will throw dun but i believe that the odds would be better for a dun calf

Latest posts