Pics of my new girls

Help Support CattleToday:

C Holland,

I like the charolais as well, but don't give up on the others. Smokies do well here, and a little color looks nice at times. You may not get the benefit of having a uniform calf crop, but a cow calf is a good calf, whatever the color.

While lady seems proud to have here pic posted world wide, spuds doesn't seem to be as enthusiastic.

Very good looking calves Chris. Hope you enjoy them, but buying an open heifer seems like an eternity in getting payback.

Nice set of heifers. Hope their easy doers for you.

Mike, I am in this for the long haul, it's kinda like a 401K, if you expect overnight results you need to do something else.

Mike I need to talk to you about AI for the chars, when would be a good time to call you.

warpaint":3t2hc8n3 said:
Instead of watusi, why not try a longhorn bull for color. No telling what you may get.

I don't plan to use either (longhorn or watusi), My brother has his own agenda, whatever it is, I can't figure him out, he has more money to burn than me, but if it makes him happy who am I to question what he does.

C HOLLAND":b6edx436 said:
Mike, I am in this for the long haul, it's kinda like a 401K, if you expect overnight results you need to do something else.

Mike I need to talk to you about AI for the chars, when would be a good time to call you.

10-4

Anytime. Don't forget to get with me before the Cullman sale.

CHolland,
They all look fine to me but who am I to say? I'm a Longhorn man. I agree that the Chars look thicker boned than the black and white faced one but if you like them that should be good enough. Breed them all and see what they produce, those smaller framed heifers may outdo the others. Sometimes they do. :)

DOC HARRIS":2dr7xor3 said:
Query: Are you "planning lots of color in your pastures" - or - lots of "red" in your bank account?

DOC HARRIS
Looks like plenty of red in the pasture and more red in the bank account. That black hfr has to go before people start thinking she's Angus. She should be in your freezer. She'll never make a decent brood cow.

Lost Hope Ranch":tcb2ymhv said:
DOC HARRIS":tcb2ymhv said:
Query: Are you "planning lots of color in your pastures" - or - lots of "red" in your bank account?

DOC HARRIS
Looks like plenty of red in the pasture and more red in the bank account. That black hfr has to go before people start thinking she's Angus. She should be in your freezer.
  • She'll never make a decent brood cow
Not that i like the heifer either but how do you arive at that conclusion

Hey LOST HOPE is that your standard mode of operation or do you have to practice that to become good at it.

Just kidding, I can handle the comments and I will be putting the blk cow in the freezer, but the others are doing just fine and time will tell how good a momma cow they are.

Latest posts