Pics of Highland cross cattle.

Help Support CattleToday:

Picture027.jpg

This is A Highland x Simm-Angus heifer calf from last year. The guy I sold her to may have an updated picture if he still has her. We'll see if he can post it. ;-)

Cattle Rack Rancher, when you say Simm/Angus cross with a Highland, was the Angus/ Simmental red or black? I guess the Simmental with the red gene could take over from time to time. I was just curious about the color genes? I was thinking I would see a black or darker cow.

We used to do a lot of Highland/Polled Hereford crosses, they were awesome. They mostly looked like hairy Herefords and were usually polled. We raised and finished on grass only, the carcass quality was very good.

Chuckie":383ya2l7 said:
Cattle Rack Rancher, when you say Simm/Angus cross with a Highland, was the Angus/ Simmental red or black? I guess the Simmental with the red gene could take over from time to time. I was just curious about the color genes? I was thinking I would see a black or darker cow.

The bull was black with a red recessive that he inherited from the Simmental Dam.

Do you find that the cross cows keep their hardiness and forage abilty?

I only have a few Highland cross cows that I've kept. They seem to be pretty good. Mostly I raise these calves for freezer beef which we keep for ourselves or sell to a few close friends. Most of my cattle are Angus x.

Latest posts