pics of heifers

Help Support CattleToday:

ROB

Reaction score
thought i would post a couple of pictures of replacement heifers i have saved back.

i thought this one was real classy - for those who don't like braunviehs!

showgallery.php

this girl is going to be AI'd shortly - she is a natural birthed calf out of my donor cow and herd bull.

showgallery.php

ROB

sorry - i have done this before but didn't do something right this time.

ROB

Rob, use photobucket.com.

Oh, and BTW...they are some nice looking animals! :) If I got them mixed up, I'm sorry... :oops:

ROB":2rsceq1f said:
thought i would post a couple of pictures of replacement heifers i have saved back.

i thought this one was real classy - for those who don't like braunviehs!
robpic2.jpg

this girl is going to be AI'd shortly - she is a natural birthed calf out of my donor cow and herd bull.

robpic1.jpg

ROB

I love Braunviehs they are just really attractive animals thought about going into them myself before deciding on Gelbvieh.That first ones got gumption.

Good looking heifers! A good friend of mine had a herd of Braunvehs years back, and he had a calving nightmare! The high priced bull he was using had horrible EPD's.. and he didn't know anything about EPD's. He still has a few in his herd, and they make very good momma's.

the_bull_lady-

thats too bad. i don't know why anyone would want to use an unproven bull, or unknown genetics on their cow herd. even if one is not up on "epd's" thats no excuse to buy a bull with no questions asked.

i've got braunvieh's running alongside black hided cows all bred to the same bulls - don't see anymore calving difficulties with one over the other. is it luck? is it management? i think that owning braunviehs doesn't automatically ensue calving problems. put the wrong bull with any color cow and your potentional for problems goes way up.

ROB

ROB":28qwbhw5 said:
the_bull_lady-

thats too bad. i don't know why anyone would want to use an unproven bull, or unknown genetics on their cow herd. even if one is not up on "epd's" thats no excuse to buy a bull with no questions asked.

i've got braunvieh's running alongside black hided cows all bred to the same bulls - don't see anymore calving difficulties with one over the other. is it luck? is it management? i think that owning braunviehs doesn't automatically ensue calving problems. put the wrong bull with any color cow and your potentional for problems goes way up.

ROB
Very well said. Nice animals.

Hey Rob,

Would you mind showing the pedigree of the heifer in the first picture? She resembles a pair that I bought at the all-star classic sale in 2003. I'm just curious if she is from the same blood. The sire on the cow she resembles was spittin' image.
The sire of the dam was silverwood dragon.

wlw