pics of cow problems and other stuff -- for the newbies

Help Support CattleToday:

Yep, I'll get it done........... will move it a little higher on my to-do list. Give me a week or two. Finals coming up and a couple research topics I'm working on at the moment. Thanks for the reminder, and feel free to PM and remind me again if the pictures aren't visible in about 2 weeks. Squeaky wheel gets the grease. ;-)

milkmaid":306pj0z9 said:
Yep, I'll get it done........... will move it a little higher on my to-do list. Give me a week or two. Finals coming up and a couple research topics I'm working on at the moment. Thanks for the reminder, and feel free to PM and remind me again if the pictures aren't visible in about 2 weeks. Squeaky wheel gets the grease. ;-)

Good Luck! & Thanks

here is a pic of edema, cow is a first calf heifer , 3/4 Jersey 1/4 Holstien, it would go down during the day but be back every morning after she was laying down
Suzanne
100_0449.jpg

100_0451.jpg

The pictures have been updated. Thanks for the reminders folks, sorry about the delay.

This is a great site for anyone. Everyone should know that if you see sores in your cow's (or sheep, pigs, goats) mouth like those seen in the BVD picture WASH YOUR HANDS, don't touch any other animals and call your vet. There are several other very scary diseases that look like this.

garyws":2xtlze0t said:
It's amazing how some people abuse their animals. Some of these shown need to be put out of their misery.

Without any noting of what the pictures are showing it's certainly easy to conclude that some of the animals shown appear to have been abused, but the thing is, bad things happen even with the best care, and even though it looks like the animals are abused they're most likely not. Can't ever judge a book by its cover. :)

garyws":1049oume said:
It's amazing how some people abuse their animals. Some of these shown need to be put out of their misery.
All of the pictures posted appear to be from natural causes. Not really any signs of neglect or abuse.
It's tough being a cow.

Shelly hunt":3euapdpv said:
Can heifers have ventral edema without being bred and why?
they can, if you are having this issue it would be good to check with your nutricionist and your Vet what kind of minerals are you using with them.
higher sodium might cause edema too.

I hope i'm no hijacking this wonderful post, thanks milkmaid for sharing all this, here some postmortem findings on a yearling heifer diagnosed with high altitude disease or brisket disease, edema all over.

Latest posts