pics of calves I like this year

Help Support CattleToday:

HOSS

Reaction score
I went out today to look at a cow that is due to calve and a couple of calves I like came to investigate the puppy that had followed me. They are two steer calves and a heifer all out of my Balancer bull. I may keep the heifer. They are about 2.5 months old. The pics are with my cell phone and the calves didn't want to cooperate so the pics are not the most flattering.

0604091929a.jpg

0604091927a.jpg

0604091927.jpg

the 2nd steer is a thick lil rascal.i like the looks of that lil heifer.your right in thinking she maybe a keeper.

I like the 2nd steer better than the first, and that heifer is looking like she'd be one to keep an eye on to use as a replacement.

bigbull338":3s1qyn6v said:
the 2nd steer is a thick lil rascal.i like the looks of that lil heifer.your right in thinking she maybe a keeper.

The first steer is actually thicker. Like I said the pictures are pretty poor. The first steer is only a couple of days older than the second but he probably outweighs the second by 40 pounds or so. Birth weights were within 5 pounds. The first steers momma is the best cow I have. She weans off a heavier calf than any of the others every year. Her calves will wean at 600 pounds at 180 to 200 days of age. She has always had a bull calf every year.

The heifer is a 3 way cross of 1/2 Angus, 1/4 Limo and 1/4 Gelbvieh. If she turns out to be anything like her momma I'll be happy.

Latest posts