pickup tire recommendations

Help Support CattleToday:

I've bought several sets of tires online from Simple Tire. Shipped right to the door. Sometimes WAY less expensive then locally and don't have to wait. Got a set for the Polaris Ranger that are 8 ply, don't think they need air!!

Last edited:
Used to use Discount Tire a lot, they had some killer rebate deals, but they aren't nearly as good as they used to be. Never tried Tire Rack.

I bought a tire machine on Ebay and do most of my stuff myself now. Saves a trip to town any time I need to patch a tire, and save quite a bit since I can order tires online and put them on myself. It's $15 to have a tire patched now, $10 just to swap one, the machine pays for itself pretty quickly, plus there's the convenience.

I bought a tire machine on Ebay and do most of my stuff myself now. Saves a trip to town any time I need to patch a tire, and save quite a bit since I can order tires online and put them on myself. It's $15 to have a tire patched now, $10 just to swap one, the machine pays for itself pretty quickly, plus there's the convenience.
Same here. Seems I seldom have flats any time other than nights and weekends!

I've got an old Coates, does good with everything other than those 14 ply trailer tires - I wind up sticking a 6' digging bar under the table to help it turn.

Got a cheap Harbor Freight tire machine. Had to beef it up a little, but for trailer tires it works fine. Order off SimpleTire.com and they are $30-50 a tire cheaper than tire shops for the same tire. I don't balance trailer tires. The car and truck I will go to the tire shop so they get balanced.

What are you driving conditions? Rocks, sand, mud, pavement, snow, loaded much? What type of truck are they going on also?
3/4 ton pickup. It pulls the cattle trailer a few times a a year, but not as often as other people. Driving on gravel roads and snow.

The Toyo M-55 sounds like a good tire for the Pacific Northwest, but I don't need studdable mountain tires.

Latest posts