Picking a bull

Help Support CattleToday:

scottstot

Reaction score
I am trying to pick a few bulls for breeding this spring. I will have some Inovation, Long distance and Cedar Ridge daughters with some Thunderbird influence. I would like to use a Genex bull that will make some good replacement females for the future.

Right Answer is a good old bull at Genex and his daughters have High customer satisfaction.
Insight is a Brilliance son that would add carcass value but still produce good females.

:idea:
You could try the young sire 1AN1390 Buford PATHFINDER
Resource x Bismarck
He could turnout to be a good one and IF not you can still brag about all of the "Path-Finder" cows in your herd. :)

My renown calf sure impress me, and everyone else that has saw them.
My right answers are very nice cows.
Pathfinder is a bull I'd like to try.
Everyone talks about Bismarck, but I was not impressed with his calves.

Son of Butch":2gsvicep said:
Right Answer is a good old bull at Genex and his daughters have High customer satisfaction.
Insight is a Brilliance son that would add carcass value but still produce good females.

:idea:
You could try the young sire 1AN1390 Buford PATHFINDER
Resource x Bismarck
He could turnout to be a good one and IF not you can still brag about all of the "Path-Finder" cows in your herd. :)
I like him more everytime I look at him, just need to find some room to use him

Thanks for all the suggestions. Two bulls I wondered if anyone has seen or worked with was Effective and Swamp Fox.

I had a few effective calves a few years ago.
Very thick made, and seem to be making good cows. The steers did not grow out as well as some of the others, but for a low birthweight bull that can be expected.
I haven't used him since, right answer calves come just as easy and are better
I'm not familiar with swamp fox. He has a nice set of numbers

Latest posts