picked up this little gem this evening

Help Support CattleToday:

A

Anonymous

looking on CL yesterday ran across an ad for a 16 ft livestock trailer, price was 500 bucks. Not expecting much I went and took a look. It has a center divider gate, swing and sliding rear door, and an escape gate. all the rubber is good. Needs a good cleaning, some new floor boards, a little welding, and some paint. got it for $400.00 Not that I need anymore projects, but couldnt pass this one up
img00002201106051921.jpg

Well, I almost pulled the trigger on that one and planned on just dropping it in your field. Then taking a picture and holding it over your head.

Besides confederate flag stickers???? Ill have to check for others in the am

Yea that probably isn't one of our stickers. :lol:

If it's one of ours there should be a sticker on the back gate and maybe one on the tongue if they haven't came off.

No other stickers that I saw. I just got done pressure washing all the loose paint off the whole thing, pressure washing the inside, and tearing out the old floor. Once the floor was out I found that it needs new springs, and new spring shackles. Rest the of frame is solid enough. I should only have about another 500 into it including replacing the bottom 1/3 of the side rails

Be carefull, I rebuilt a older trailer that didn't look bad. Picked up a heifer in the next state and a axle broke in two droping the other axle spring shackle down on the road. I had to call a friend with a trailer, block trafic switch the heifer over to the other trailer. I let the trailer set and went back the next day with another axle and changed it on the side of the highway. Not a good trip at all. I brought it home and placed all new axles, springs, tires and wheels on it. I feel much safer now.

Thx for the concern. Spring, spring hangers, bearings, tires, floor will all be replaced. Frame, axles are in good shape.

Thx dawnroger....I haven't done anything yet but pressure wash the loose paint and tore out the old floor...now the fun begins

Got the trailer all finished. There was more work than I thought. Floor frame had to be completely redone with all new metal. Divider gater redone. Springs, spring hangers, new metal on some of rear door. New rollers on door. New floor. Metal on escape door. Solid panels on sides all new. New tubes on axles( basically new axles) and new paint inside and out. All told we have 2500 into the whole thing.
scaled.php

Heck no! It wasn't fun. Not hard, just tedious. I did find a sticker on it. Lime rock ranch livestock trailer is what it read as far as I could see. Real hard to read tho