Picked up my freezer beef

Help Support CattleToday:

somn":3b6pqfa9 said:
auctionboy":3b6pqfa9 said:
Another advantage to people that sell sides is they don't have to have the best cattle to charge a premium. My customers don't see white faces, droopy ears, or ny of these things other markets deduct for.
Well now I understand how you buy these cattle and make $500.00 selling by the sides. I can see it now cancer eyed cows, foundered steers, high temp digestive trac infected cattle, wore out milk cows, thats a master plan you have there sell be nice poor quality sick cattle for premium dollars. I don't want you for the poster boy of an honest cattle industry.
You don't understand anything. I have never done any of the things you have lsted. It Isn't heifers and steers are so cheap. I see a good hereford calf at 750# sell for $500. I fatten it for a few weeks and send it to the butcher. It is 800 when I slaugter and 500# of sides at $2 a pound Is $500 more then I paid for it. Minus trucking and a lttle feed and I might make $450, you are just mad because acording to another post most people have to feed two cows a whole year for that kind of money. I don't see how this makes me dishonest! All meat gets inspected at the butcher it is young, what is the problem? I'm not bragging, but Somn the honest one said some incorrect things about me. Also with cattle price coming down and my price not I expect that sweet market of 6 years ago when I could make even more money per head.
I haven't seen a good hereford steer weighing 750 pounds bring $.65 in years if it brings $.65 it most likely is exactly the type of steer I spoke of very poor quality and sick. Maybe you should reread some of your previous posts. Also maybe for your own good you should not post about these dishonest things you do to the American consumer. I just love an honest cattle man such as yourself. This thread and the one I'm linking to says it all about your honesty. Sell em the sick ones with they can't see em. The meat is all red in color and wrapped in white wax paper when the customer will see it.

http://cattletoday.com/forum/post-24827 ... ht=#248279
That heifer that cost .65 was great before it was wounded in my pen. It didn't have any problem that realated to meat and was fine by the time I butcherd her. It was a heifer that time because they sold .25 cheaper then the steers and are only about 5% less meaty. I am a very honest person so you can keep trying to make lame assertions.
Auctionboy only in your mind are you an honest person. You admit to misleading the consumer then saying you don't mislead them is just a lie. I've never judged a person by what other people say I judge people by how they conduct themselves. Others on this board have made the statement you seem to do childish things and you seem to act like you know it all. I had never paid any attention to them. Until I read this one post that you admit to misleading customers into thinking they are getting something they are in reality not getting. Then you act like a know it all telling me that it is okay to mislead the consumer by selling them junk cattle at premium cattle prices. After all the cattle will all look the same when wrapped up in white wax paper right? So I guess it is time for me to say the same thing as others have on here.
GROW UP. Learn from your mistakes. You have two ears and one mouth for a reason you need to listen more and talk less. Also maybe you should think about changing your username from auctionboy to dishonestboy more fitting don't you think?
What I said was people that get deductions for the color, horns, or many different reasons can get a far better deal selling sides. My customers don't want to buy the steers you sell and go off to be implanted, fed antibiotics, and fed such a fatty ration for so long that the beef becomes high in cholesteral. My beef is red, and not because of dyes! I sell a better and safer product then you get in a grocery store. Alot of people on this board would love to show me up if they thought I was wrong and being dishonest, Alice. Where are they? I don't think anyone agrees with you.

somn":3jtkzmx9 said:
Dishonestboy try to remember TWO EARS ONE MOUTH.
Nobody backed you up, you are wrong. Market your beef how ever you want with little return, but I will continue doing what I do ethically and with a clean consigns.

Auctionchild... You're ranting again. You need to get back on your meds.

BTW... What is a clean consigns? What are you consigning? How much is the consignment fee?????Z

auctionboy":1ih89ce2 said:
somn":1ih89ce2 said:
Nobody backed you up, you are wrong. Market your beef how ever you want with little return, but I will continue doing what I do ethically and with a clean consigns.
Dishonestboy I do not need anyone to back me up on this matter or any other I'm man enough to stand on my own two feet with no one behind me propping me up. You on the other hand have made an ass out of yourself by admitting you sell crap for premium money. Just read what you yourself have wrote you have a calf with a bad eye, diarrhea and is coughing but yet you butcher the animal less than seven days later and sell it to someone as premium. Good luck trying to convince me or anyone else your not as crooked as a dogs hind leg. I don't see anyone backing you up telling me I'm wrong either. Could it be because after reading a couple of your posts people have come to understand they are not worth reading.

I hate to get in the middle of the fight here, but I sell to end users.

I was charging $2.50/lb hanging. With demand outstriping supply, I have gone up to $3.00. They pay all processing

I raise angus. Customers can come out, see the critter they want, see what they finish on, etc.

They know they can buy at store for less. They know they can buy from locker for less.

They choose to buy mine.

somn":h0v4z2xl said:
auctionboy":h0v4z2xl said:
somn":h0v4z2xl said:
Dishonestboy I do not need anyone to back me up on this matter or any other I'm man enough to stand on my own two feet with no one behind me propping me up. You on the other hand have made an ass out of yourself by admitting you sell crap for premium money. Just read what you yourself have wrote you have a calf with a bad eye, diarrhea and is coughing but yet you butcher the animal less than seven days later and sell it to someone as premium. Good luck trying to convince me or anyone else your not as crooked as a dogs hind leg. I don't see anyone backing you up telling me I'm wrong either. Could it be because after reading a couple of your posts people have come to understand they are not worth reading.
Those problems with that calf didn't effect the meat quality! She was fine when I bought her, but she caught her neck in between two posts in the barn and there were 5 nails that kept poking her when she tried to pull her head out. I new the exact problem and that it wouldn't effect the meat, it is not like I go to auctions and look for sick cattle. I stand behind everything I have wrote. direct marketing is a great way for people that sell a good product to add value. I said people could charge a premium for animals that auctions would deduct for there horns or color, not for old or sick animals.

Latest posts