pick-n time heifer

Help Support CattleToday:

rocket2222

Reaction score
Here's a heifer I posted a pic of just after she was weaned, here she is again at around 14 months, no set up, took just the 3 pics, good or bad, she is what she is. Pick her apart.

The pic I posted earlier after weaning.
IMG_0001.jpg

And at 14 months
IMG_24201111.jpg

IMG_2418111.jpg

IMG_2419111.jpg

She reminds me of #62 in one of my pastures, the middle heifer I got off you!

You should give her to my wife, that way we'd have a matching set!

At weaning she was a little heavy fronted and not quite as feminine as I'd like to see, but she sure grew into it very well. I bet she is out of a very heavy milking cow and alot of that extra weight in front was what baby fat remained after weaning?

To be nitpicking a slightly longer hip would have been prefered, but still an outstanding heifer.

If she were mine she'd get a dose of Cortachy Boy! Very nice heifer!

Sizmic

alexfarms":2fihnud9 said:
Nice looking heifer. Can you give us the pedigree?

She's sired by what is now my old herd sire whose only really notable breeding is his grandsire Keynote, the dam is a 29F grand daughter, so this heifer's double bred Keynote, it shows some in her birth weight epd 5.1 rest of them are WW 46 YW 77 MM 12 MG 35.

cfpinz":1ftqkfsy said:

:lol: This just weaned heifer should match up a little better, bring your check book.

IMG_2422111.jpg

KNERSIE":3cs2d0rp said:
At weaning she was a little heavy fronted and not quite as feminine as I'd like to see, but she sure grew into it very well. I bet she is out of a very heavy milking cow and alot of that extra weight in front was what baby fat remained after weaning?

To be nitpicking a slightly longer hip would have been prefered, but still an outstanding heifer.

A lot of milk, I don't know. :)
momma
IMG_01931111.jpg

Herefords.US":17f9qmr4 said:
Linebred Keynote! She's gotta be good! :lol:

George

I AI her last week to 29F, if she's preggy, the calf will be triple bred Keynote, double bred 29F. I'm loosing it George. :help: :)

rocket2222":2a6ljwti said:
cfpinz":2a6ljwti said:

:lol: This just weaned heifer should match up a little better, bring your check book.

Or better yet, I'll bring the wife's!

Latest posts