pic the hereford bull

Help Support CattleToday:

Beefy":n3t65kk1 said:
they would be just as good, except theyd be 5/8 hereford. i would expect them mostly (all?) to be red with white faces (?).

think braford with a little less brahman and bit of shortie.

Cypress.....are you specifically looking for this young of bull, or are these just a couple you stumbled across and gave them a look?

I agree with Dun's post....need to wait a few more months.
they can change a lot after the first year. A lot of them will really slow down after they get away from momma. They are pretty calfs though!!
:mrgreen:

aplusmnt":31iyj1jt said:
Cypress.....are you specifically looking for this young of bull, or are these just a couple you stumbled across and gave them a look?

Aplus,

A friend of mine has 13 young hereford bulls that he was about to put "on the market". I just rode over with my dad to look at them before he put them up for sale. I'm not in a hurry to buy a bull. Won't really need one until spring 2007. Could get by o.k. with the bulls that I have. If I did find a young bull that was good, however, I am set up to keep him close to the house and feed him as necessary. With the strong possibility of my pastureland doubling in size in January, I'm contemplating which direction to head.

cypressfarms":bab5cxvf said:
aplusmnt":bab5cxvf said:

Aplus,

A friend of mine has 13 young hereford bulls that he was about to put "on the market". I just rode over with my dad to look at them before he put them up for sale. I'm not in a hurry to buy a bull. Won't really need one until spring 2007. Could get by o.k. with the bulls that I have. If I did find a young bull that was good, however, I am set up to keep him close to the house and feed him as necessary. With the strong possibility of my pastureland doubling in size in January, I'm contemplating which direction to head.

Sounds like a good plan, not sure how the baldies do down there but around here, you can not beat them! I kind of have the same thing in mind. I am building the herd based around Angus and Semi Cross then in future want to throw a Hereford bull on them.

Latest posts