Pic of our head guy

Help Support CattleToday:

Yeah, Simangking I think your right. There isn't much difference in this bull's calves than with my Dream On son's calves. Only real difference I've seen between the 2 bulls offspring is that the Invasion son's calves have wider and thicker ears when they are little.

FlyingLSimmentals":26p12g8b said:
Yeah, Simangking I think your right. There isn't much difference in this bull's calves than with my Dream On son's calves. Only real difference I've seen between the 2 bulls offspring is that the Invasion son's calves have wider and thicker ears when they are little.
I may buy another bull next year, I may just look for a Invasion bull, and then use him on the heifers i'm getting now. Should help keep them consistent with the calves i'll get from the Pathfinder Bull, and kind of rotate the lines, I guess we'll call it, and still stay with Simmental.

FlyingLSimmentals":qxvvik2e said:
Here is a pic of a purebred son from him that we are raising, he's 15 months. Dam is a LF Dream Doctor daughter we purchased from Sunset View.

I'd cut him!

FlyingLSimmentals":3clp59cr said:
Okay 3way.

You cannot post a picture of an animal that is built like that and not expect to get that response. If you disagree please point out his strengths and weaknesses.

How about lets see if this coincides with your assesment.

No butt at all and the shortest hip of any bull posted here in years.
EXTREMELY pinched in the heart girth and no capacity.
Little or no masculinity.

other than that he's a hellova bull

FWIW I have seen some outstanding Sim bulls posted here. He just isn't one of them!

Based on his "look" @ 15 months he probably should have been cut at weaning.

Also FWIW I don't cull any of my bull calves prior to weaning but I guarantee i have sold some 7 months old calves for cuttin bulls.

Yeah...
Kinda looks like his butt slid into his belly...
:/
But I'd bet he'd be dang tasty!
Not trying to be mean, I'm just a butt girl when it comes to cattle.
I like seeing meat just hanging everywhere on a frame, butts seem to finish the deal.

Triple C Invasion throws some pounds on the scale! We raised an embryo bull calf sired by him last spring, and liked him. They have a tendency to have some extra leather up front, which I do not like, but they have a bunch of bone and muscle. I have several more of those embryos in the tank I hope to get in soon. I would like a heifer from him, but we get what we get with embryos. The luck of the draw!
To me, the Dream On offspring, are "prettier" than the Invasion calves. They are cleaner necked, smoother shouldered, and deeper ribbed. But the pic of the mature bull does not show his neck or shoulder very well so hard to judge on him. Invasion is more of a commercial based bull (you will not find many of his calves in the show ring, but a bunch of daughters in the pasture performing well you will see!), where Dream On is more of a "show bull" type. His females are just pretty, and do well in either setting.
Just my experience.

3waycross":tzfj18pu said:
FlyingLSimmentals":tzfj18pu said:
Okay 3way.

You cannot post a picture of an animal that is built like that and not expect to get that response. If you disagree please point out his strengths and weaknesses.

How about lets see if this coincides with your assesment.

No butt at all and the shortest hip of any bull posted here in years.
EXTREMELY pinched in the heart girth and no capacity.
Little or no masculinity.

other than that he's a hellova bull
Looks like he should of been in the feedlot a lot sooner. Got a big grass belly on him.

Well, this one is actually my brother's bull and I can't actually tell him what to do. I can only give suggestions or try to do a bit of persuading. If he was mine I would have sold him before now because he is short both in height and length. He does have a big gut and has always had a larger one than the other calves. He is better in thickness than what I think the picture shows. He also does have a large scrotal. He is his Dam's 2nd calf and she is short but really deep. I think the cause is LF Dream Doctor her sire, a short deep thick bull. The dam's first calf was a heifer that was short and big bellied that he kept and bred and sold for $1750 as a short bred. With all this said I thank everybody for their responses as long as it is clean and not mean or poking fun. I would think we have all made mistakes before of keeping and or letting go of some. I will say that we've sold a couple of short bulls before for good money and haven't received complaints on those.
Posted the pic of this one because he was the oldest progeny available from this sire. I'll try to post 1 or 2 younger ones that I'll think you'll like.

FlyingLSimmentals":o5bhov56 said:
Well, this one is actually my brother's bull and I can't actually tell him what to do. I can only give suggestions or try to do a bit of persuading. If he was mine I would have sold him before now because he is short both in height and length. He does have a big gut and has always had a larger one than the other calves. He is better in thickness than what I think the picture shows. He also does have a large scrotal. He is his Dam's 2nd calf and she is short but really deep. I think the cause is LF Dream Doctor her sire, a short deep thick bull. The dam's first calf was a heifer that was short and big bellied that he kept and bred and sold for $1750 as a short bred. With all this said I thank everybody for their responses as long as it is clean and not mean or poking fun. I would think we have all made mistakes before of keeping and or letting go of some. I will say that we've sold a couple of short bulls before for good money and haven't received complaints on those.
Posted the pic of this one because he was the oldest progeny available from this sire. I'll try to post 1 or 2 younger ones that I'll think you'll like.

I was definately not trying to be mean. I have to really believe it to tell someone they shoulda cut their bull. His sire is a good lookin bull but he didn't knick with that calf momma.
Don't feel bad. I bred the biggest baddest cow i have to a rock star bull this year and her heifer out of him is a POS.........and crazy too!

Here is the next to the latest calf out of our head guy. A red bull out of a heifer. Heifer calved easily and claimed the calf but didn't like standing still and letting him nurse, she kept kicking at it but kept mooing to it. Put her in the head gate and she wasn't letting her milk down very well. Therefore, we gave the calf a bottle of colostrum that he took eagerly and then part of a bottle the next morning, since then he has won control over momma and is doing well. She has also came into better milk.

Well we had a customer come and buy my brother's bull at 19 months old and a 15 month old bull for $2400 each. Therefore, I guess we did ok with them.