Help Support CattleToday:

rocket2222

Reaction score
Right at 10 months old.

IMG_25501111.jpg

IMG_2553111.jpg

cypressfarms

Reaction score
Her tail is in the way on the 2nd pic, so maybe that's why she looks "posty". I like her, it would be nice if she had the pigment around both eyes, but I wouldn't cull for it.

KNERSIE

Reaction score
cypressfarms":3ahq4t1u said:
Her tail is in the way on the 2nd pic, so maybe that's why she looks "posty". I like her, it would be nice if she had the pigment around both eyes, but I wouldn't cull for it.

She isn't post legged, and it looks to me like she has full eye pigment.

Paul hasn't she got a touch more slope to her rump than the USA preference?

OP
R

rocket2222

Reaction score
KNERSIE":314hmh8y said:
She isn't post legged, and it looks to me like she has full eye pigment.

Paul hasn't she got a touch more slope to her rump than the USA preference?

Don't think you could say she's "white eyed" in any one place, but I don't know if there's really enough pigment there to say "full eye pigment"

IMG_2552111.jpg

Yeah, she has a little slope there, she ended up being what I thought was the best of the heifer calves I had from last falls group, at the time I needed to keep one heifer to be a pasture mate with the yearling heifer I ended up keeping, at least until I got her bred. She's got a couple of things I'd like to have improved on, but so do all my other cows and the bull too. Not sure now if I like her enough to keep her or not.

KNERSIE

Reaction score
Its not full pigment, probably around 50%, the important areas is pigmented though.