Pic and feedback reps for CT.

Help Support CattleToday:

blackcowz

Reaction score
I was thinking about how many folks want to see what a bull looks like in his workin' clothes or wants feedback on him from someone who has seen him in person. I think we ought to have unbiased reps to do this job; that is, they don't own or have affiliation with the cattle they are critiquing and taking pics of. They could also take video of some of the cattle or bulls they look at. Maybe we could have 3 or 4 reps per state/region? I don't know, but I think that this might be helpful to some who would otherwise never see the bull and/or cows in person.

I take it you mean AI Bulls? I love seeing "pasture pictures" of top AI bull and donor dams. Sometimes that lone picture of them that everyone learns to remember them from really don't provide an accurate representation of them. Especially true now a days with photo editing, etc. However, I'm not sure how the owners would feel if amauter photos of their bull was suddenly posted all over the internet. Jeff @ cattle.com does similar with posting videos and interviews of displays bulls in Denver. Although thats not exactly what you're talking about its a start. But it would be nice if owners took it upon them selves to get more updated pictures of their bulls/donors and their offspring (videos included).

CPL":zqqltsw6 said:
I take it you mean AI Bulls? I love seeing "pasture pictures" of top AI bull and donor dams. Sometimes that lone picture of them that everyone learns to remember them from really don't provide an accurate representation of them. Especially true now a days with photo editing, etc. However, I'm not sure how the owners would feel if amauter photos of their bull was suddenly posted all over the internet. Jeff @ cattle.com does similar with posting videos and interviews of displays bulls in Denver. Although thats not exactly what you're talking about its a start. But it would be nice if owners took it upon them selves to get more updated pictures of their bulls/donors and their offspring (videos included).
Yes, sorry, I should have prefaced. A.I. bulls and donors and such was what I was talking about. I did consider the owners not being thrilled about amateur photos of their prize bulls being released all over the place. However, I do think that some video or something would be nice to see if the bulls were sound or really what they looked like in that pretty side picture. Also, talking to breeders and getting some offspring pics/footage sounds like an excellent idea. I'm really just throwing this out there for others to consider, but, in time, maybe we can really get something going that could help producers out a little.

I will pitch your idea to the guy that owns cattleinmotion.com He videos cattle for sales. It may just be an idea he would try with some of the Bull studs. However it will have to be economically viable for all concerned.

Avalon":e9ksebch said:
I will pitch your idea to the guy that owns cattleinmotion.com He videos cattle for sales. It may just be an idea he would try with some of the Bull studs. However it will have to be economically viable for all concerned.

No kidding, gas ain't exactly free. :D However, I would offer to go to the NWSS to take video/pics of the bulls up there and talk to breeders. I also Live relatively close to Rocky Mountain Breeder's Service. (I think that is the name?)

blackcowz":2gx16de4 said:
Avalon":2gx16de4 said:

No kidding, gas ain't exactly free. :D However, I would offer to go to the NWSS to take video/pics of the bulls up there and talk to breeders. I also Live relatively close to Rocky Mountain Breeder's Service. (I think that is the name?)

Contact him. he will be doing the web cast of the national western. Maybe you can pic up a gig.

Avalon":irmc6264 said:
blackcowz":irmc6264 said:
Avalon":irmc6264 said:

Contact him. he will be doing the web cast of the national western. Maybe you can pic up a gig.
I may do that. However, I have about 0 experience and I'm not sure an amateur would be taken up on the NWSS right away. However, I may be able to pick up some info from him that might help me out. I will keep all of you updated as to what I'm up to or as to what bulls I can look at. :D

blackcowz":1m0brken said:
I also Live relatively close to Rocky Mountain Breeder's Service. (I think that is the name?)

good luck with that. when i was there they told me i could not take any pictures or video.

Aero":2bylplj4 said:
blackcowz":2bylplj4 said:
I also Live relatively close to Rocky Mountain Breeder's Service. (I think that is the name?)

good luck with that. when i was there they told me i could not take any pictures or video.

Ah, well,I wondered about that. At least now I know! :D Still, I can talk to breeders and look at bulls, with their consent, at the NWSS.

Latest posts