Photos of twins?

Help Support CattleToday:

Black and Good":wy25qcjd said:
This has been my photos of twins? Three days ago, great big 6yr Angus cow had the first one backwards (tail first) on her own, bout the time the vet finally got there. :bang: Then when he went to give her some infection blouses another bag came out and that calf dead as well. Didn't weigh them but, I'm sure they were around 90# a piece both bulls . I hate twins. B&G
Frustrating when it goes all wrong. Sorry to read that. I'm not that keen on them, but since they happen ...
dun":wy25qcjd said:
Here's our last set of twins. They had different mothers and fathers and born a couple of days apart but Granny raised them both when the red calfs mother died.
That really took me a minute. I must be tired. :lol:
Dubcharo":wy25qcjd said:
I took those pictures with my Iphone.
Sadly those are usually a bit small for good printing.

I can send you one of those pictures if you find one usefull.

Dubcharo":2swr97g6 said:
Some pictures, first 3 different twins. The last one our best calf so far Shelco Made Easy X Rio Bravo

P1050865.jpg

P1050793.jpg

P1050792.jpg

P10508141.jpg

P1050563.jpg

P1050931.jpg

B&G, I had a monstrous cow (2000 lb kinda monster) that had twins 2 years ago, first calf was 110 lbs and was fine, the next day she seemed off, so I checked, sure enough, another calf, breech, and DOA.. ALSO 110 lbs.. At least she had 1 calf to take care of so it wasn't a total failure. With the size of the first one I didn't figure on a second.. though I think it was dead before the first one was even born.

waihou":fleg5jhz said:
I have a few, just found this thread-would you like me to email them to you?!
The beautiful Murray Greys which have already often graced my column, yes, go on and I think I'd better now say thank you very much to all those who've replied and collate what I have and get them off to my very patient editor, who will already be wondering what I'm writing about next and when I'll get that one to her ...

Just started calving season this morning (during a storm of course) may try and get some 'prettier' pics of them in the days to come. But for now they are alive and that's all I need. First calf heifer, bred 3/4sim-1/4ang - 79lbs on the black an 66 on the red. Had them unassisted, 2 bulls.

20150215_090318.jpg

I see all these calvings in bitterly cold, ear-freezing weather and remember how fed up I get when it's a bit muddy here! By the time calving starts for me in late September or early October, the minimum temperature is generally around 8 Celcius (46F?), rarely dipping below 4 C/39F.

Putangitangi":312uhxee said:
I guess in that first pic they're not black, but not quite what I'm after. ;-)

Picture clarity or crispness, I have learned, is pretty important for printing.

I thought this would be a good place to ask. Thanks!

I figured... But, I thought I'd at least share!

http://i.imgur.com/U9FAcOS.jpg
When I found these twins late one afternoon it looked like the cow was only going to accept one of them and reject the other. I came the next morning prepared to take one to bottle feed. The next day she had taken them both and did a good job raising them.

Latest posts