Photos of some bulls and a heifer. What do you think?

Help Support CattleToday:

BRG

Reaction score
Photos of the 14 and 15 month old bulls on their grass test

A 14 month old bull that I think is pretty good.

Some spring born calves

A calf

Some bull calves

2 of the same bull calf

Nice animals. The only thing I could fault would be some look a little tight around the heart girth and shoulder but they're definitely showing some good growth. The heifers are quite lovely too. Look like they're getting that broody look as well.

VERY NICE CATTLE :tiphat: your 14/15 month old bulls look just like they should. Those are the kind that get fat breeding 30 cows as 2 yr olds. Once again I am impressed.

Cattle really look great - love that 1st heifer calf.
But, I am confused as to when you calve??? The bulls were born May & June last year (14-15 months ago). That heifer calf surely was born maybe in Jan/Feb???
Do you calve year round?

Jeanne - Simme Valley":hrez5rgq said:
Cattle really look great - love that 1st heifer calf.
But, I am confused as to when you calve??? The bulls were born May & June last year (14-15 months ago). That heifer calf surely was born maybe in Jan/Feb???
Do you calve year round?

From the outside looking in, it would look like we do and it kind of feels like it as well. But we do only breed for 45 days for each season. About 7 or so years ago we moved the majority of the cows (around 250 head) into a late spring early summer calving date (May/June) We then run all of those bulls over on grass and sell as coming 2's. We have also been building our fall and spring calving herds through our embryo program and then last fall we purchased some cows as well. We felt like it was a good opportunity to get some good cattle with all the sales/dispersions in our breed. The fall and spring herds only see a bull for 45 days as well. So our plan is to calve for 2 cycles starting around March 1, then 2 cycles starting around May 10, and 2 cycles starting around August 15.

you have some fine looking yearling bulls.an they are putting it on running on grass.

Latest posts