Photos from the last few days

Help Support CattleToday:

randiliana

Reaction score
Well, it was a little cooler here today. Just +3 C for a high here today, rather than +12C. Absolutely unreal weather for this country! Usually we are -30 about this time of the year. Whatever the case, I have to say I love the weather, makes for easy feeding, and the cattle are of course all doing really, really well. Calves are growing like weeds, heifers are happy and the cows, are still out grazing part time...They are only getting about 2/3 of the feed that they would usually get, and they are looking awesome!

Plus I've been able to do some riding in this lovely weather. The only problem is the ice, but it is almost all gone now too!

Anyways, here's some photos from the past few days....

Bred Heifers
Shorthorn x Angus (Coyote should recognize these ones... lol)
DSC004561.jpg

DSC004531.jpg

DSC004471.jpg

Some of the other Bred heifers
DSC004551.jpg

DSC004521.jpg

DSC004461.jpg

DSC004441.jpg

DSC004421.jpg

DSC004391.jpg

DSC004371.jpg

DSC004341.jpg

DSC004292.jpg

One we raised
DSC004411.jpg

One of the ones we are custom feeding and calving...
DSC004401.jpg

The cow herd
DSC004601.jpg

One of the colts I'm working with, and, no she didn't work that hard, she just doesn't like being left alone, at all....
DSC004281.jpg

Sunrise Yesterday
DSC004241.jpg

Wow Randi great pictures.

That filly looks like the time the old crooked racehorse trainer I worked for "Shot the Hop" to a horse too early and he looked like that in the Saddling Paddock.

your cattle sure are looking fat an sassy.i know your shocked to not have bad weather.an not to have them on full winter feed.

Great pics Randi. Weather has been great here too, was 70f here today and is 60f at 8:pM.

I really enjoy seeing your photos, not only for the views of your beautiful surroundings, but more so for the glimpse into a way of life so different from mine.

Very nice photos and cattle.

I'm by Spokane looking out at dry ground and warm after years of record snow. Sounds like the entire west is this way.

While it is nice to work in, I hope there's water in the well next summer.

I also wonder if less hay needs to be fed, if hay prices will be lower next year.

Thanks guys. The weather is unbelievable. A little more like normal this morning, but still pretty warm. I'm not so worried about a drought yet. The creeks are still running and the dugouts are all full of water. And as long as we get some moisture by the end of April we should have a good spring. I'm a little more concerned that we are going to get winter weather in March and April when everyone is calving. We can deal with it, but I'd rather have winter now than then...

Thanks for posting those Randiliana, beautiful country, cows and horse. We too are having this weird winter, just a light dusting of snow on the ground vs a gajillion inches last year!

Your cattle are looking good this year Randy. Looking at your pictures through the years I definately see an improvment in your herd. They are looking fat and sassy like big bull says. Always love your pictures.

Randi, I have two cows like the one that is black with a white face and black around the eyes. I call one big black eyes and the other little black eyes. Nice cattle!

Latest posts