Photo of ice storm

Help Support CattleToday:

hillrancher":377y7mil said:
100_0287.jpg

Have elect and phone again out for 10 days still have ice on north side.

cattlepower":3omcssda said:
Where are you in Ky? Did Franklin Ky. get hit hard or were they to far south?

Franklin got very little from what I seen. We are about 20 miles N/NW of Bowling Green, Greenville/Central City area got it bad. Beaver Dam and Leitchfield also got it bad. Losts of people still without power.

Red Bull Breeder said:
We are still out of electric don't have a clue as to when we will have power restored.[/quote

Red Bull can lend you a gen. set. I hope to never need them again, but will not sell.

Just got power back last night about 10pm, WOOHOO,11 days of hauling water sure makes you appreciate the finer things in life.

newrancher":2ksvuawx said:
Just got power back last night about 10pm, WOOHOO,11 days of hauling water sure makes you appreciate the finer things in life.

It's really the squirts how spoiled we've gotten. I sure don;t want to go back to the old pre-electricity days.

I never thought I'd pay 4-7$ for a QUART of lamp oil/kerosene if you could find it. Coleman fuel was 10-14$ a gallon, sure glad I had some stocked up along with mantles, its even hard to find regular ole trike anywhere matches, I gues the dopers use them someway, anyway, glad to be back.

newrancher":wa0wxzvq said:
I never thought I'd pay 4-7$ for a QUART of lamp oil/kerosene if you could find it. Coleman fuel was 10-14$ a gallon, sure glad I had some stocked up along with mantles, its even hard to find regular ole trike anywhere matches, I gues the dopers use them someway, anyway, glad to be back.

You might want to write a letter to the state attorny general and let him/her know about the prioce gauging. A number of places around here were put out of business by the fines they got hammered with when they started that crap with the ice storm of 07

Naw, our attorney general is too busy trying to shaft the poultry companies.

Thanks for the offer off the Gen. set Hillrancher. I have had a welder with a 8000 watt gen. for a while and it is getting a workout now. Sure glad gas prices are down.

Red Bull Breeder":2x1uojrq said:
Thanks for the offer off the Gen. set Hillrancher. I have had a welder with a 8000 watt gen. for a while and it is getting a workout now. Sure glad gas prices are down.

What AR city are you closest to?

Latest posts