Photo Contests

Help Support CattleToday:

alisonb

Reaction score
I'm at my wits end. Have been wondering why the contests are getting such a poor response. Thought perhaps it could be the subject matter putting people off but then the 'Farm/Ranch Scenes' which is right down most folks alley didn't attract many entries either. A little while ago a poll was started to find out if we should continue or put an end to the contests and the majority vote was 'continue'. I scrolled through previous contests and it's very interesting to see just how many people have viewed each contest. My worry is why more members don't enter...are they too busy, too much going on in USA at the moment, too shy, just like looking, can't take a photo, find the contests boring, is it me(should we get someone else to run it ??? This is our own CT photo contest; one certainly does not have to be a professional photographer to enter. Ranchers contests died due to lack of participation, do we want that to happen here to?

Does anyone have an opinion please, I really need feedback...

CRS for me, I enjoy looking at everyone's pictures. Alisonb, it sounds like it's hard for some to post pictures. And there surely is nothing wrong with your style, thanks.

I enjoy even though I usually come in dead last :bang: . It is very hard to post a photo but I almost always try to take the time.
I did not participate this month because I don't know Photoshop.
I had one of grass growing out of exposed bedrock i considered....but it was real.
I would hate to see Photo contest go. We are getting into hunting season and the holidays. Let's try it to the end of the year. We have several promising new members maybe they will join in.

callmefence":3t1x09ta said:
I enjoy even though I usually come in dead last :bang: . It is very hard to post a photo but I almost always try to take the time.
I did not participate this month because I don't know Photoshop.
I had one of grass growing out of exposed bedrock i considered....but it was real.
I would hate to see Photo contest go. We are getting into hunting season and the holidays. Let's try it to the end of the year. We have several promising new members maybe they will join in.

I don't know how you can be last when I'm last! :lol:
Also agree about this months topic. I even looked at the links posted but seemed more complicated than I have ability to grasp.

You do an outstanding job with it Alison. I enjoy seeing some of the amazing pics that are posted. Some very talented and clever folks here. I also voted to keep the contest when you polled last, and felt that if I voted yes, then I have an obligation to participate sometime. Thank you for taking the time to manage the project.

I like the contests and I really hope you'll keep on doing them. I always look at them and vote and usually enter a pic in them, but the last three contests I haven't had anything to enter. The farm/ranch one I could have put something in but didn't for some unknown reason. The youthful contest I didn't have any old photos in digital format and in the most recent I looked at how to photoshop a pic and it looked impossibly complicated. I have a pic of two plastic pink flamingos in the garden but like the grass growing from the bedrock, they're real.

ALACOWMAN":20ds3jkh said:
What happened to the old way of posting pic's??it's like yanking teeth to post one now
It's easier by a lot using the blue highlighted Add image to post link at the bottom left corner of the post page than using photo bucket.

ga.prime":pb49r8cb said:
ALACOWMAN":pb49r8cb said:
What happened to the old way of posting pic's??it's like yanking teeth to post one now
It's easier by a lot using the blue highlighted Add image to post link at the bottom left corner of the post page than using photo bucket.
Well I'll be,,Your right....

Craig Miller":2vo6r1kj said:
If we all entered then we'd have a bunch of pictures with 1 vote.
haha, it's bad form to vote for your own pic!

One thing that may help is if we had a shortlist of upcoming topics so we could pay attention and take pics more related to the topic rather than having to dig through what we have already taken?
You're doing a fine job of administrating it though!

You don't 'have' to have photoshop or gimp...you can do a fairly good job of wild editing in MS Paint. It's just more time consuming and the detail is pretty shabby if looked at closely.

If anyone has trouble posting pics for the photo contest, you can pm me and I'll send you the info to text, or email them to me and I'll pass them on to allison.

Subject matter got me this time. I also like the idea of posting upcoming contests as that would make me tote the camera around more often.

I love the photo contests! I just haven't had any recent pics that would apply. And photo shop? I'm the relic that has only had a smart phone 10 months; my capabilities are limited :dunce:

slick4591":18mp28bz said:
Subject matter got me this time. I also like the idea of posting upcoming contests as that would make me tote the camera around more often.
They're posted a month in advance now. How much time do you need?

ga.prime":22kcljvw said:
slick4591":22kcljvw said:
They're posted a month in advance now. How much time do you need?

As much as I can get. Don't do Photoshop so a couple of years might not be long enough for this one.

Latest posts