Photo bucket is making me angry.

Help Support CattleToday:

ohiosteve

Reaction score
Anyone else having problems? Every time I try to post a picture It is denied. I even payed the 3.95$ or whatever it was and still it will not let me post a picture. I'm going to try one more time here, we'll see what happens.

I'm pretty upset about it myself. Mostly the fact that all my old threads with pictures lost their picture. Not that they were educational, but some were posted for educational value.

Every forum in the world is reeling with this problem.. it's nothing short of a hostage situation, and I for one will not give in to it.
If they wanted to change their policy, let that be for new pictures, but ruining the work of 1000's of people in 1000's of forums is horseshyte.
Nevermind the fact their website is SOOO full of ads, tracking software, etc it won't even work.

Nesikep":2nuez8j8 said:
Every forum in the world is reeling with this problem.. it's nothing short of a hostage situation, and I for one will not give in to it.
If they wanted to change their policy, let that be for new pictures, but ruining the work of 1000's of people in 1000's of forums is horseshyte.
Nevermind the fact their website is SOOO full of ads, tracking software, etc it won't even work.
That's why they don't want 3rd party hosting or hot links--they want people to have to go to PB and see their dammed ads.
I've copied every one of my PB pics and put them back on my HD and won't give them a penny.
Imageshack did the same thing a few years ago, and now you can't even see your own photos and I suspect, sooner rather than later PB will do the same thing.
Too many other hosting venues available to use to give in to their ransom demands.

ohiosteve":284m8utx said:
Anyone else having problems? Every time I try to post a picture It is denied. I even payed the 3.95$ or whatever it was and still it will not let me post a picture. I'm going to try one more time here, we'll see what happens.

It's $4.99/mo and that still won't allow you to post pics on forums (what they call '3rd party hosting" )
If you want to be able to post pics on a forum or on ebay, you will; have to sign up for their premium package @ $30+ per month.

As a business, the company turned the service into a paid feature and offered 500 gigabytes of storage and unlimited bandwidth for $399.99 per year, which allowed for "unlimited image linking and third-party hosting." The cheaper $60-a-year plan allowed for 52 GB of storage but no third-party hosting.

greybeard":2yn5ek7i said:
Nesikep":2yn5ek7i said:
That's why they don't want 3rd party hosting or hot links--they want people to have to go to PB and see their dammed ads.
I've copied every one of my PB pics and put them back on my HD and won't give them a penny.
Imageshack did the same thing a few years ago, and now you can't even see your own photos and I suspect, sooner rather than later PB will do the same thing.
Too many other hosting venues available to use to give in to their ransom demands.
I don't think they realize this reality.. For the price they charge you can set up your own server and domain name, etc and be ahead of them

ohiosteve":2a6zdpbg said:

Same here I just made another account and after 500 pics ill make another and another all those freaking ads no way im not paying

Gotta say, the forum has lost its allure to me since I can't post pictures. I especially don't like the tiny little pictures, unless I'm on a pc (which is almost never). I drained and irrigated a pretty knarly abcess on a calf this mornin. Would have made a decent thread. No pics, so no thread.

Bigfoot":32l7ielq said:
Gotta say, the forum has lost its allure to me since I can't post pictures. I especially don't like the tiny little pictures, unless I'm on a pc (which is almost never). I drained and irrigated a pretty knarly abcess on a calf this mornin. Would have made a decent thread. No pics, so no thread.

you do realize it will enlarge if you tap it , Right?? and I for one appreciate the small pics on my phone which doesn't take so long to scroll thru a thread while the @#%&*$%#$@ big ones are trying to load

Bigfoot":2ym93v2n said:
Make an account on Postimg, from there you can get links that show the full size image to post here.. just like photobucket.

M-5":2ym93v2n said:
you do realize it will enlarge if you tap it , Right?? and I for one appreciate the small pics on my phone which doesn't take so long to scroll thru a thread while the @#%&*$%#$@ big ones are trying to load
I agree, especially when there are a lot of pics

M-5":18jtk6tx said:
Bigfoot":18jtk6tx said:

Yes, they still don't have the quality to me of the other.

How about using Google photos.. doesn't provide 3rd party links (I don't think), but good image resolution... automatic uploads possible from an android phone anyhow makes for easy backups

I uploaded 75 new pictures on a new acct and now they are also showing the picture of doom..... Photobucket... You are a piece of dog S... on the belly of a snake.

Photo bucket is no good. Now . My add photo button is gone. I've started a thread asking for help. PMd Macon. Now I'm to the point of just saying **** it . I've wasted enough time posting photos here. I'm done wasting it just trying with no success

callmefence":l25u7vw6 said:
Photo bucket is no good. Now . My add photo button is gone. I've started a thread asking for help. PMd Macon. Now I'm to the point of just saying be nice it . I've wasted enough time posting photos here. I'm done wasting it just trying with no success
Me too

ohiosteve":2w8k0pim said:
Same. I just got photo bucket figured out too. I might pay $10/month to store my pictures but not $30.

its not worth it just buy 2 portable hard drives and back your own pics up.

skyhightree1":a7ol3s2i said:
ohiosteve":a7ol3s2i said:
Same. I just got photo bucket figured out too. I might pay $10/month to store my pictures but not $30.

its not worth it just buy 2 portable hard drives and back your own pics up.
That's way above my technology level. It took me years master photo bucket.