Phone call

Help Support CattleToday:

lavacarancher

Reaction score
Had an interesting phone call the other day from a guy who was looking for the original owner of a 1967 Corvette. Turns out it was me. How in the world did someone find the owner of that car 47 years after it was purchased. We had a long talk about the Vette and cars in general. He was, or seemed to be a nice guy and a car enthusiast. I was completely take by surprise that the car was still in one piece and in someone's collection. Pictures were great and brought back a lot of good memories.

skyhightree1":2ycc6wrm said:
Thats stalkerish
Not really--it's pretty common among true car guys and enthusiasts as well as all collectors to seek out the provenance behind their vehicles. Car Fax type apps make it relatively easy to do nowadays to do it with vehicles, and it's not terribly intrusive whether you are the one seeking info or providing it-----you can always say "NO, I don't want to talk--don't call back" too.
One of my Fiero Indy pace cars, I discovered, was originally owned by a former NHRA Funny Car champion and it sat in the showroom of one of his paint and body shops in Maryland for a number of years, as well as being pictured in one of the Car & Driver issues back in the late 80s.
2000 of them built in 1984..
My first Indy.
Indylftside.jpg

My 2 of about 230 left in the world.
IMG_0891_(Small).JPG

I owned a '61 vette back before I got married. Sold it when the first kid was born.
I sure miss that one.

skyhightree1":1ju57lty said:
Thats stalkerish

Same thing I thought, Sky but after the guy started telling me things about the car that only someone who actually had it would know I started to believe it was legitimate. I did ask how he found the original sales info and all he would say is that he came across some old GM documents that had thousands of pieces of info like this.

greybeard":1edmo5iy said:
skyhightree1":1edmo5iy said:
Thats stalkerish
Not really--it's pretty common among true car guys and enthusiasts as well as all collectors to seek out the provenance behind their vehicles. Car Fax type apps make it relatively easy to do nowadays to do it with vehicles, and it's not terribly intrusive whether you are the one seeking info or providing it-----you can always say "NO, I don't want to talk--don't call back" too.
One of my Fiero Indy pace cars, I discovered, was originally owned by a former NHRA Funny Car champion and it sat in the showroom of one of his paint and body shops in Maryland for a number of years, as well as being pictured in one of the Car & Driver issues back in the late 80s.
2000 of them built in 1984..
My first Indy.
Indylftside.jpg

My 2 of about 230 left in the world.
IMG_0891_(Small).JPG

I owned a '61 vette back before I got married. Sold it when the first kid was born.
I sure miss that one.

Grey, Pontiac had an opportunity to really make something of the Fiero but opted not put put a small V8 in it. That would have made the car come alive. Don't get me wrong, the car is fairly peppy but it's certainly no barn burner that it could have been.

Latest posts