Phideaux new buddy

Help Support CattleToday:

Joy of Texas

Reaction score
I bought Phideaux a friend monday. He cost me alittle more,but he is bigger.

P1130298.jpg

P1130337.jpg

The only problem with him is he does not like the jersey. She will take him,but he stands bawling at one of my red cows. I'm having to put a little more work into him.

Joy of Texas":3l45232x said:
The only problem with him is he does not like the jersey. She will take him,but he stands bawling at one of my red cows. I'm having to put a little more work into him.

Was he a split? He looks to be about 7 days or so with that naval.

The old cattleman vet tells me to let them go hungry a day and then put them in with the nurse cow (I never do that :D )

backhoeboogie":1u1pk7nk said:
Joy of Texas":1u1pk7nk said:

Was he a split? He looks to be about 7 days or so with that naval.

The old cattleman vet tells me to let them go hungry a day and then put them in with the nurse cow (I never do that :D )
Yes he was a split. His mom was a big ol F-1 with a messed up bag. That's what I figured was Phelix was about 7 days old.
I can't let them go either . I have to feed them. If he takes to her fine if not I will just keep feeding him.I may try to graft him on another cow.

Please remove the sale tag from Phideaux.........I feel sorry for the little guy running around with that yellow tag on his back.

Jovid":j8j8mugh said:
Please remove the sale tag from Phideaux.........I feel sorry for the little guy running around with that yellow tag on his back.
I don't buy anything at the sale barn, but a guy we rent some land to does on occasion. It fascinates me how long those tags can stay on. I am easily entertained.

Jovid":3grdln1o said:
Oh man that hurts! No I will soon as my neighbor see them. He has black cattle behind the house. Everytime I buy a black calf he has to see it. Then he will go check his.
I don't waste an ear tag on these guys. They get their shots and band. They will be raised here at the house and then sold.

Man.. that is just WRONG for a calf to prefer a nasty ole big teated F1 over a JERSEY!

I bet he'll come around.. Brahman crosses are notoriously bullheaded.

TheBullLady":283spfcl said:
Man.. that is just WRONG for a calf to prefer a nasty ole big teated F1 over a JERSEY!

I bet he'll come around.. Brahman crosses are notoriously bullheaded.

Well it took a few days,but guess what...He likes that ol jersey now. Yes Phelix does have enough brahma in him to be a little stinker.
Both calves are doing just great. Phideaux is a big deal at the sale barn. They all just knew he was not going to make. I was there monday and several of the gentlemen asked about him. That really made me feel good.

Latest posts