Pheasant Hunting

Help Support CattleToday:

TN Cattle Man

Reaction score
Does anyone here on the boards do any pheasant hunting on their land? I know it is only June but pheasant hunting is my all-time favorite upland game bird to hunt and I have already been thinking about it this year.

Although we don't have any "Wild" pheasant here in Middle Tennessee, I hunt a friends farm in Kansas every year. Just curious if anyone else chases those ringnecks!

Brian

I took out a big male pheasant a couple years ago with my outside mirror. No idea where it came from because we don't have them down here. :frowns: Son in law is a big hunter of everything. He went to South Dakota and Kansas last year. Sometimes goes to the Texas Panhandle.

TN Cattle Man":ry87wy00 said:
Does anyone here on the boards do any pheasant hunting on their land? I know it is only June but pheasant hunting is my all-time favorite upland game bird to hunt and I have already been thinking about it this year.

Although we don't have any "Wild" pheasant here in Middle Tennessee, I hunt a friends farm in Kansas every year. Just curious if anyone else chases those ringnecks!

Brian

Sadly no we have tried to raise and release here for some reason they just don't make it.
I have never had the opportunity to hunt them.

Caustic Burno":3fc272cj said:
TN Cattle Man":3fc272cj said:

Brian

Sadly no we have tried to raise and release here for some reason they just don't make it.
I have never had the opportunity to hunt them.
You are missing out CB!! Not only are they fun to hunt, they are quite tasty as well!

I would rather hunt pheasants than breathe. Kansas has been a disaster for 2 years, more than that down south. What part of the state do you hunt.

BTW i just sold a pointing Lab puppy today that is already pointing at 7 weeks. Sadly she went to a non hunting home.

3waycross":30hcqpl0 said:
I would rather hunt pheasants than breathe. Kansas has been a disaster for 2 years, more than that down south. What part of the state do you hunt.

BTW i just sold a pointing Lab puppy today that is already pointing at 7 weeks. Sadly she went to a non hunting home.
3way... my friend has roughly 3000 acres near Castle Rock which is south of Quinter. You are correct that the hunting has been horrible for the last couple of years, mainly due to drought. We are hoping that this is the year for a rebound!!

My hunting dog is an 8 year old English Pointer name Rooster. I still have my lab, but at 13 years old, Miss Ellie isn't up for hunting much anymore!!

3waycross":2p8f1j1n said:

Where do you hunt 3way??

TN Cattle Man":zn0wz31a said:
3waycross":zn0wz31a said:

Where do you hunt 3way??

Kansa north central and South Dakota

Latest posts