PHA and/or TH and you

Help Support CattleToday:

iowahawkeyes

Reaction score
I'm interested to know if the commercial cattle producer is concerned with these 2 genetic defects. I'm sure some posters will think this is only a show cattle problem, but I'm curious.

I dont' know enough about the effects of PHA to know for sure what my feelings are but I will not use a bull that is a TH carrier. Absolutely will not be implemented in our program.

Jake":3ewnerc0 said:
I dont' know enough about the effects of PHA to know for sure what my feelings are but I will not use a bull that is a TH carrier. Absolutely will not be implemented in our program.
Same here

*Cowgirl*":1yzzhuh3 said:
Jake":1yzzhuh3 said:
Same here

If more folk had that mind set there wouldn't be near the problem there is now.

Yes, but there are a lot of clubbie breeders that figure having "just one" TH gene won't hurt the offspring. Well, no, the offspring will not EXPRESS TH defect, but now you have created yet another carrier. :shock:
It floors me when I see the stud catalogs listing bull semen for sale and say they are tested positive. And the kicker is - they have BUYERS!!!!