PETA's Top Ten Reasons Not to Eat Cows

Help Support CattleToday:

PETA is fighting a losing battle. Per capita Beef consumption is on the rise world wide. :D And in the USA theres no threat to the country's number 1 asked for food. GROUND BEEF :D :D :D

Jogeephus":22bjvkyh said:
I always thought Clint Eastwood was an actor. Never knew he was a cowboy.
those idiots gotta use somebody like clint for a example. cause that is as close to a cowboy as they have seen. you won't see many >REAL< cowboys turn down a steak

john250":23x5bvbq said:
why aren't we drinking rat's milk,

Dear Heather,
You are about to get half a Beatle in your divorce. I'm single, and I'm decent looking and I make my own way...well, maybe not like Paul, but I owe no one.
Heather, we aren't drinking rat's milk because it is damned hard to get the milkers on those teats. We tried doing the milking by hand, but it took half an hour just to milk one. We went back to Holsteins. They rock. They are the only udders bigger than yours. Paul really needs to get over those.
Yours truly
John
ps call me BR 549[/quote]

john, you always make my day! You know she only has one leg, right? She might tip over on you...

Beefy":20nwug8k said:
well i already grilled steaks for supper tonite. it would be wasteful not to eat it...
exactly...ate a wonderful ribeye the other night

Lammie":2chccobu said:
john250":2chccobu said:
why aren't we drinking rat's milk,

Dear Heather,
You are about to get half a Beatle in your divorce. I'm single, and I'm decent looking and I make my own way...well, maybe not like Paul, but I owe no one.
Heather, we aren't drinking rat's milk because it is damned hard to get the milkers on those teats. We tried doing the milking by hand, but it took half an hour just to milk one. We went back to Holsteins. They rock. They are the only udders bigger than yours. Paul really needs to get over those.
Yours truly
John
ps call me BR 549

john, you always make my day! You know she only has one leg, right? She might tip over on you...[/quote]

Lammie, I went back and read some of her quotes above. I don't think she stands a chance with me even if she does have half of Paul's money. Milk, meat and eggs. That's me. She would go to Ruth's Chris and order a salad.

yeah well Peta can go somewhere else, because not all animals are raised on hormones or in unsanitary barns.

People
Eatin'
Tasty
Animals

Jogeephus":1g0jw2j0 said:
I always thought Clint Eastwood was an actor. Never knew he was a cowboy.
thats the exact first thing i thought. :roll:

and i seriously dont understand what 'cows' are for then. if we dont raise them and butcher them for people to eat, what good are they?? :???:

i have a vegan in my class...i'll leave it at that :mad:

ok guys, here's another. This was posted in the November 2007 "The Drift" my highschools newspaper. :roll: Note: We are a smallish town of about 14000. A lot of the kids that go to my highschool have been around the farming comunity, and a good number live on a farm, with a few teachers who married/are farmers. Also- any typos are mine(I CLAIM them!!!), i typed it up on the computer.
Written by Klara Wagnild

Understanding YOUR Vegetarian
For the majority of Americans, a no-meat diet isnt looked on as an option for daily life. So why is it that a growing percent of the population of the U.S. is going meat-free? Turns out there are quiet a few compelling reasons to give up eating those animals... It's healthier NOT to eat meat. According to the American Heart Association, vegetarians "have a lower risk of obesity, coronary heart disease (which causes heart attack), high blood pressure, diabetes mellitus, and some forms of cancer." Animal meats are loaded with fats, cholesterol, and, in some cases, harmful toxins and drugs used to aid in the animal's growth. Plant based diets are found to have far more complex carbohydrates and fibers making them up. Those good carbs and fibers lend themselves to a healthier boday and more energy, leading the American Dietetic Association to confirm that balanced plant-based diets are healthier for a body than diets that include meat.

You'll help the animals more if you dont eat them. Farming practices have changed from what they used to be. Nowadays, the farming industry is heavy on factory farming, which is completely different from the farming our grandparents did. In factory farming, the animals are caged almost their entire lives and are treated inhumanly. There aren't laws to protect those farm animals like there are to protect your dog or cat. So, by choosing not to eat meat, you're choosing not to be a part of the inhumane treatment of animals.
It's better for the planet. PETA( :roll: ) reports that nearly half of all the water consumed in the U.S. goes to raise farm animals for food and that meat-based diets use more than 4000 gallons of water per day, while vegetarian diet requires only 300 gallons of water per day. The meat industry contributes to global warming, as well, with animal feces being the largest source of airborne methane there is (methane is 20 times more effective than carbon dioxide at trapping heat in the atmosphere. according to the EPA). Farmed animals also produce about 130 times as much excrement as the entire population of the United States, and all the run-off from that excrement is polluting out lakes and rivers more than all other industrial sources combined. Raising animals for food also takes a huge toll on our energy siyrces, using more than one-third of our raw materials and fossile fuels each year.
So, dont you think vegetarianism might be the right choice for your life? Making the switch is easier than you may think. Most grocery stores are now carrying easy and delicious meat-alternatives, and there are hundreds upon thousands of interesting vegetarian recipes to be found. Maybe a no-meat lifestyle is and option for you!

---end of article
It made me roll my eyes.

But it's not true that the American Heart Association says vegetarians are healthier than meat eaters. They certainly don't recommend a totally vegetarian diet. The American Dietetic Association says you can be healthy on a vegetarian diet, but I've never seen anything saying they actually recommend it. And remember that most vegetarians in the US eat eggs and drink milk. So they're using animala products. Vegans, on the other hand, are considerably unhealthier than we meat eaters. Even some of their own websites say so.

these idiots are worse than any religious fanatics. If they don't want to eat meat fine don't eat it! Quit trying to force other people to conform to your narrow views!

pETA's agenda is NO animal use whatsoever. No food animals, no food products like eggs or milk, no medical research animals, no pets. Everything to "retire" to "sanctuaries" until all domestics die off and fade away.

They are dangerous (google ALF) and insane. Fortunately most people, even other animal "rights" groups, vegans and vegetarians despise them and their antics.

You know that this is the same group that was killing dogs and dumping them in a dumpster behind a store. Notice not alot of media attention on that, but they cover the "naked" girl protesting some sort of BS.
Yes I remember that stupid cow Molly in Great Falls. Every "cowboy" I talked to said they could of caught her with a couple of good horses and strong ropes.