PETA

Help Support CattleToday:

A

Anonymous

It would sure be interesting to have the pukes at PETA who think that we're all heartless SOBs that are so cruel to animals read the thoughts of us cruel folks that have raised cattle for years and still really like them and get attached.

dun

PETA had made it plain they want to get rid of all domesticated animals, including cats and dogs. They are even against guide dogs for the disabled. They say domesticated animals are "unnatural." They spend only a tiny amount of their budget on animal welfare and the rest goes to promotions that draw attention to PETA and, thus, get more donations. They are in court defending their charity status, though. Some group found out they had given money to the Animal Liberation Front (ALF) and, since ALF has been deemed a domestic terrorist group by the FBI, demanded their tax free status be taken away. IF they lose that, it might cut down on some of the donations rich people give them. It probably won't make a difference to the kids that support them. There are hundreds of different anti-meat groups out there, the Physicans Committee for Responsible Medicine is one of them. The beef checkoff has been one place we could come up with the money to educate consumers, but I guess that's going away. Do you ever visit some of those vegan boards? They're sad and REALLY misinformed about where/how their food is produced.

> It would sure be interesting to
> have the pukes at PETA who think
> that we're all heartless SOBs that
> are so cruel to animals read the
> thoughts of us cruel folks that
> have raised cattle for years and
> still really like them and get
> attached.

> dun

Agree!! I haven't visited any of their boards. However, several years ago I was receiving newsletters from both PETA and the physician's bunch. Yes, their claims and animal put-downs are extreme and extremely non-animal use activist. I feel those groups are pretty darn close to rabid dogs and need to be watched!

Fortunately, "mainstream World" is much more in the majority and realize that animals have a variety of sane and respectable uses.

The vegetarians I have been acquainted with in the past all seemed to be very uptight, skinny, had limited marbling, and reminded me of someone who hadn't had a good meal for months.

Those activist groups DO have one or two good points, such as we shouldn't mistreat animals or skin live animals for their pelts or put toxic substances in their eyes, etc. But...to condemn all animal activities, uses, and meat-eating is completely radical. As we know, the world is made up of two kinds of animals: meat-eating and plant-eating. If we eliminated the "meat-eating" animals--well, what would happen to our balance of nature...right?

[email protected]

"Vegetarians don't live longer. They just look older."

"I love animals. They're delicious."

I just had to share a couple of bumper stickers I've seen. While I'm at it, one more:

"If guns kill people, spoons made Rosie O'Donnel fat."

Craig-TX

> P eople E ating T asty A nimals...

> ... peta are all idiots lol

Love that. I was listening to Paul Harvey on the radio once and he told the rest of the story that the lady who started peta used to work for a ASPCA and put down animals. He told that this nut used to take one home the night before and feed and love on it so it would get to experience a home for once. Then go to work the next day and kill them, oh, oh, excuse me put them down. Talk about a nut. Who says that, I say that Scott Webb.

[email protected]