PETA

Help Support CattleToday:

We are in America, PETA organizations have the right to believe what they want to. However, I don't like it when they try to make it look like WE are the bad guys. It'd be different if they would stop eating meat on their own. But them, like many other people these days, have to have the WHOLE WORLD on their side. Its ridiculous. :mad: :mad:

PETA kills animals. By the thousands.

From July 1998 through the end of 2005, PETA killed over 14,400 dogs, cats, and other "companion animals" -- at its Norfolk, Virginia headquarters. That's more than five defenseless animals every day. Not counting the dogs and cats PETA spayed and neutered, the group put to death over 90 percent of the animals it took in during 2005 alone. And its angel-of-death pattern shows no sign of changing.

Year Received† Adopted Killed Transferred % Killed % Adopted
2005 2,145 146 1,946 69 90.7 6.8
2004 2,640 361 2,278 1 86.3 13.7
2003 2,224 312 1,911 1 85.9 14.0
2002 2,680 382 2,298 2 85.7 14.3
2001 2,685 703 1,944 14 72.4 26.2
2000 2,684 624 2,029 28 75.6 23.2
1999 1,805 386 1,328 91 73.6 21.4
* 1998 943 133 685 125 72.6 14.1
Total 17,806 3,047 14,419 331 80.1 17.1

* figures represent the second half of 1998 only
† other than spay/neuter animals

:x :x :x :x

Have you ever spoken to a PETA member.
What a bunch of whack jobs PETA is a dangerous cult that targets the weak and emotionally challenged. They are a very dangerous and deliberate group that really should be held accountable for their own inhumane actions. I wonder what the percentage of them are atheist?

peta.jpg

few yrs back jane and i have this crabby old fart neighbor that lives between us.. he has tryed every thing to make us get rid of our mules and donkey..{see ol turttle lady dont know who shes messing with lol) any way we had the sherriff here, DNR town cops you name it i have gave them a tour! but after trying allthe above he used PETA they harressed the sherrif to come i was starving my mules they were in a small lot blaaa blaaa well they had 2 acers to roam in for the winter, they choose to stayed bellied up to the hay ring out front which was always full of hay go figure i guess they bellies were bloated from starvation and could no longer eat the hay and the deer must be sneaking in at night and eating it... the sherrif came she was very mad that they ran her up here for nothing they keep calling her over and over.... we got a letter threating us on the letter head was a phone number so jane and called it.. the cowards gave some one elses number.. this woman had been getting all kind of angrey calls go figure as big as they are they cant get there own phone number? it finnaly ended when we threaten to sue them for harresmnet and the county and the town.... Rose

When Michael Vick first made the news some group sponsored an ad asking "who has killed more dogs? Vick or PETA"

Not to hijack, but Vick is going to do 23 mos. and his career is likely over. I think he brought on his own troubles, but I'd say the sentence is pretty harsh compared to many criminals who do violence to humans.
Sadly, he may be driven to do "community service" with PETA in hopes of getting earlier release.

PETA clearly believes that there is no bad publicity, and it seems to work for them. They come out with an asinine campaign like the one urging college students to drink beer instead of milk and the PETA reps get invited on every tv and radio talk show to talk about their cause.
Dangerous wackos.

Sorry cowgirl I couldn't make out what those were in the picture.

John I would rather spend time in jail then give PETA any more publisity.
A little story that did not make the big boys news stories. PETA showed up in Montana and had people dressed up as fish just off of school property. They were telling kids that their parents were evil if the fished because they hurt the fish with the hooks. One mother came after them with a fillet knife. :lol: Cops told the PETA to leave and sent the mother home.

Yep...Mike Vick and all those other numerous "professional" ball players who don't think they have enough going for them other than to do crime, drugs, etc. They get (or should get) what they deserve: Some hard time, prohibited from doing "pro" sports again, and having their assets confiscated. Their so-called "good image" as ball players are NOT someone for kids and others to look up to.

"If you do the crime...you do the time!" Scumbags deserve no less...

IMO...

I luv herfrds":1g1o4y90 said:
Sorry cowgirl I couldn't make out what those were in the picture.

John I would rather spend time in jail then give PETA any more publisity.
A little story that did not make the big boys news stories. PETA showed up in Montana and had people dressed up as fish just off of school property. They were telling kids that their parents were evil if the fished because they hurt the fish with the hooks. One mother came after them with a fillet knife. :lol: Cops told the PETA to leave and sent the mother home.
those would be duck hunters and their day's catch....

When I lived in village in Alaska, I bought a pair of beaver mittens, trimmed with fox. I knew the woman who made them personally, there were several makers of these type of products. Up there (in the village), you could wear them any where, no one thought anything of it. They were gorgeous, went good with Carhartt.
Came home to Minnesota and had to be careful where I wore them. Could not wear them to work (taught school). Could not wear them to the store. Was way too bad.
My youngest girl was 3 at the time and wore mukluks, trimmed in fox with beading. Again, beautiful craftsmanship, but she could not wear them here.