Pet showcase

Help Support CattleToday:

CKC1586":339qn2zk said:
MoCows, your Dakota looks like my Maggie! She is Lab and they said bloodhound, but I don't think so cuz her legs are pretty short...don't matter she is a good girl whatever she is. But she just loves calf poop, here she is denying that she just ate that plop...
MaggieAtePoop.jpg

What the heck did you do with the rest of that dog's legs :help:

alisonb":1flcskx2 said:
spinandslide":1flcskx2 said:
Zoomie Dog
Soooo full of life, and looks like she is a real 'cutie'! :pretty:
farmwriter":1flcskx2 said:
Red and white dog is Bernie, a stray who picked us. Strangers be ware!
It has been my experience that stray dogs do become over protective.
Now that looks like a proper working 'crew' to me-not too sure about little beggar yet though! Do they share the grits and hashbrowns with you? :D

VERY full of life! never seen her mad..she is always HAPPY. :)

3waycross":83h21vrp said:
My wife's little Rat dog. Bandit. He is wearing casts on both back legs after having surgery to repair both his petelar tendons. That was 3 yrs ago and he is a demon on wheels these days at the age of 12. He thinks he is a Malemute. I had to fight him over a 2lb chunk of raw Elk meat the other day.

IMG_0620_edited.jpg

My good old girl Ginger 12 yrs old and still the love of my life. She has found and retrieved more birds than I can count. Still gets around but retired from the field. We still play fetch a couple times a week tho. She's good for about a 20ft retreive and not much more, but it makes her feel like she's still got it.

IMG_0866_edited.jpg

I have a 15 month old Lab bytch that is going on her first serious hunt next week. Hopefully I wil have some pics of her to post soon.

Bandit looks like hed take you down at the kneecaps! LOL

Ginger looks like a sweet, wellfed *wink* old girl. I think the next dog we will get will be a lab. my son has been getting more into hunting and he got to experience a good retreiver helping pick up doves in really bad mesquites..what a Godsend that dog was.

CKC1586":2b5rjgm3 said:
MoCows, your Dakota looks like my Maggie! She is Lab and they said bloodhound, but I don't think so cuz her legs are pretty short...don't matter she is a good girl whatever she is. But she just loves calf poop, here she is denying that she just ate that plop...
MaggieAtePoop.jpg

That is definantly a poop eating face if I ever saw one! :lol2:

Spinandslide you are actually right about Bandit. I'm not joking when I say he will eat your arm off for a hunk of RAW Elk meat. We have had some bad rtussles over that. But he will also lick the hide off anyone under the age of 5 if given a chance. He's a real lover as long as there's not meat around.

Believe it or not Ginger is not that fat she is just square. She weighed 85 lbs in fighting shape at the age of 3 after a grueling 5 day hunt. The vet told me she was the most muscular female Lab he ever saw. All the fellas in SD that hunted with her all called her the linebacker. I'll tell ya one thing for sure she never lost a fight over a bird with another Lab. She did however get both ears and a nose shredded by my Dad's GSP bytch when they were both about 7 yrs old. Not a fight I would want to see again.

spinandslide":1vjgrilz said:
CKC1586":1vjgrilz said:
MaggieAtePoop.jpg

That is definantly a poop eating face if I ever saw one! :lol2:
I really don't know what else is in her and I agree those legs look like she has Bassett hound in her but I don't care, she is a good friend and a very sweet girl, she loves the cows and helps me halter break the calves. I think that face is telling me lies!!! ie: "No, I did not eat that poop, why do you ask?"

OK here are the my babies.

These three were are the loves of my life plus the Kit Kat.
This pic was taken at the dairy and Tibidoe my SC was 7 and Steffie was only 7 months old at the time.. Our Happy little family, until Tibidoe was run over on our front lawn by a drunk neighbor the next Oct.
File0023-1.jpg

Tibidoe was an spca rescue that I adopted in 1990 he was my little guy and best friend Mr. HD won him over the first day they met and soon were best buds as well.

Here is a pic of the brood a few weeks before Steffie was diagnosed with stage 4 transition cell carcinoma..As you can see she was a very active girl. The labx showed up one day as a pup and I couldn't find her owners. Afters a few months of trying we just accepted that she was here tp stay, after spaying and paying for her umbilical hernia operation, we might as well. She is very sweet ,and never bothers the cattle or the Kit Kat but she is her own dog.Bo was a resue as well that we adopted in 98 he had 3 broken ribs was very very malnourished and was days away of being put down. He also saved my life a year later when I was cornered by a Holstein bull.

IMGP0426-1.jpg

Here is my Kit Kat who was second only to Steff and is the first cat I have ever owned and loved so very much. He does not know he is a cat besides the purring and meowing thing.. ;-) He comes out and does chores right along with me.Although he is scared of the calves which love to chase him during calving season.. :lol2:

Newherboss0018-1.jpg

This is was my family.. My heart is still broken over losing Steffie, but maybe soon I will get a new border collie puppy who will work along side me day and night..

Wow I just lost all my pictures back to Aug 19th, over on ranchers net and they have disapeared on here also. What's weird is the pics I blew up for KmGinley have also disapeared.

Anybody know what woulda caused that???????????????/

MO_cows":1tysdqdl said:
Ginger looks like a grand old girl. Hard to beat a good lab, they are almost always good dogs.

This is Dakota. We think she's a lab/bloodhound. She was kind of a rescue dog, the people who had her before lived in an apartment and were gone a lot so she spent most of her time locked in the bathroom. When we picked her up, she had no leash so they weren't even walking her. Must have just drug her out by the collar to do her business and then back inside. She had developed an obsessive licking habit, she had sores on her front feet and legs from licking them all the time. But she has gotten over that now and also lost a lot of weight and toned up. The only thing they did right was get her spayed. She's been a real good dog, it only took a couple of corrections and she accepted that chickens and cattle were to be left alone. She is not aggressive towards other dogs but if anybody starts it - she'll finish it. She is very patient and tolerant with kids.
Dakota_floor.jpg

Looks like a lab/weimeraner mix to me no blood hound in there far as I can see.

HD-thanks for sharing your 'family' with us.It would seem that they are/were all slim and trim.Have never had much contact with border collies but what i have seen is they are always on the go.Mind you...Kitkat might have a bit of weight on him or is he just so big?He's a real beaut.

alisonb":mhc5gcry said:
HD-thanks for sharing your 'family' with us.It would seem that they are/were all slim and trim.Have never had much contact with border collies but what i have seen is they are always on the go.Mind you...Kitkat might have a bit of weight on him or is he just so big?He's a real beaut.

Thanks Alison, all of my dogs are very active . They go with me for long walks or runs and Steffie could play frisbee for hours if you let her. Pinta the youngest can run around for hours all by herself just to burn off energy. I just wish she was a little more loyal, she doesn't stick by your side like my collies did.
Ha Ha ,,, the Kit Kat is a big cat. He needs to be or he would be all feet. He did gain a couple of ounces the last couple of years but is not on special low fat cat food. It is super pricey but he likes it and has dropped the weight. Even though he does sneak in the shop and eat the shop cats cheap crappy cat food once and a while. :lol2: I should never have shown him the cat door. As you can tell we like larger animals nothing small and fluffy for us.

Have started looking for the perfect new member for our family. We are in contact with quite a few purebred border collie breeders that will have pups ready to go soon. I just hate being alone out there and it is so depressing when I go for a walk or run outside now without my little shadow beside me and Bo is too old to keep up anymore.

Wish us luck everyone . :)

We have quite a few dogs. They all live in the house, and hit the fields and woods to pull their share around here too.

The matriarch, Scooter. 12 yrs old and still going strong.
Gremlins129.jpg

Angus and Kenzie doing what they love. Both purebred Catahoulas and we couldn't live without 'em.
FallBoosterRoundup036.jpg

Rodeo, a Catahoula/Blackmouth cross.
Move012.jpg

Ammo, another Catahoula telling the heifers who the boss is.
SyncingDay3089.jpg

We're new to having cowdogs, but they are a trip. Hope y'all enjoy.

Latest posts