Pet showcase

Help Support CattleToday:

MO_cows

Reaction score
Thought everyone might enjoy a thread to put a picture of their "special" critter and tell a little bit about them.

This is Freebie the foo foo dog, aka the Cockleburr Kid. He's 13 years old in this photo and 15 now. I threw a fit when my in-laws gave us this dog, didn't want him at all. I like big dogs, not hyper little yappie dogs. But we raised him like a "real dog" and he turned out to be a good dog instead of a neurotic little nuisance. He just might have 9 lives, he has survived getting mauled by a big dog, getting run over, and a bout of pancreatitis. He has gone deaf and doesn't see very good anymore, either, but he's still pretty perky and seems happy. Doesn't appear to be stiff in any joints, just sleeps more and is less active than he used to be. In his younger days, he could "load up" and spring up into the back of the truck right along with the big dogs.
foof_smallfile.jpg

MO_cows":1npnldb1 said:
Thought everyone might enjoy a thread to put a picture of their "special" critter and tell a little bit about them.

This is Freebie the foo foo dog, aka the Cockleburr Kid. He's 13 years old in this photo and 15 now. I threw a fit when my in-laws gave us this dog, didn't want him at all. I like big dogs, not hyper little yappie dogs. But we raised him like a "real dog" and he turned out to be a good dog instead of a neurotic little nuisance. He just might have 9 lives, he has survived getting mauled by a big dog, getting run over, and a bout of pancreatitis. He has gone deaf and doesn't see very good anymore, either, but he's still pretty perky and seems happy. Doesn't appear to be stiff in any joints, just sleeps more and is less active than he used to be. In his younger days, he could "load up" and spring up into the back of the truck right along with the big dogs.
foof_smallfile.jpg

Good lookin little fart.

Hope this works, my first attempt at posting video.

This is Baxter. He is 90 pounds, mostly lab, we think there's a little Newfoundland in there too. He LIVES to play. We gave him a basketball and it wouldn't fit in his mouth so he taught himself to roll it around like a soccer player. You kick it, he brings it back. He got ahold of a beer as a puppy and the sharp puppy teeth punctured the can. He took a taste and loved it. He now has a "beer bowl" in the garage. He gets a share but never enough to get him drunk. He is a good watchdog. Nobody in their right mind would call his bluff. But we don't have to worry about him with kids and other dogs, he's very gentle natured.
<embed width="600" height="361" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullscreen="true" allowNetworking="all" wmode="transparent" src="http://static.photobucket.com/player.swf?file=http://vid698.photobucket.com/albums/vv350/bozleez/100_0294.flv">

Here's a photo in case the video doesn't work:
Baxter_powerwasher.jpg

Mo cows your dogs are loverly,great photo of Freebie-were you the photographer?
Here are some pics(apologise for quality-photo of a photo)of the very special girl I had a while back.She had all the papers,perfect hips etc but what do papers matter when an animal is diagnosed with cancer at the young age of 6.
She started showing signs of discomfort at about 5yrs old,I immediatly suspected 'hip' problems,vet put her on anti inflams-which when against my ever grain.About a year later 2 vets wanted to continue anti inflams and a 3rd diagnosed her with cancer.That same day I had my girl put down-cancer had progressed too far.
The memory of her lives on,I have yet to come across such loyalty and trust in any other animal/human.
I guess my point is enjoy,love and cherish them while they are still around.
chiquita004.jpg

My eager little co-driver at 4 months
chiquita005.jpg

A proud 2yr old
chiquita007.jpg

6yrs old-she aged overnight.
Thanx for this oppitunity to share the 6 great years of my life with my 'little miss'.

Alison, she was a beauty! Shepherds are such great dogs. Yes, I took that shot of Freebie. I cropped it and gave it a "spotlight" effect with Kodak Easyshare software, it really made it pop.

Everyone knows their dog is the best. I've got a real soft spot for the German Shepherd Dog however. Beautiful dogs.

Wonderful critters everyone. :)

My best friend, Kate. shes officaly a year old last month..Aussie/Border Collie mix. Obidience graduate and my trick dog extrodinaire in training..she is SO gosh darn smart AND tries so hard to understand what youre asking of her. she comes with me everywhere..she loves going to the soccer field and seeing all the kids...she about wiggles out of her skin when she sees a child pass by. working on stock..my cow gave her a scare the other day, so we are a workin back on the confidence factor..:)

989096_1248885988.jpg

Zoomie Dog

989096_1254339883.jpg

restin in the grass

picture.php

Runnin'

picture.php

In my needs to be tilled badly riding arena.

picture.php

Bored

picture.php

With her nylabone

My crew going with me to feed the calves. If only I could teach one of them to open the gates.
Red and white dog is Bernie, a stray who picked us. Strangers be ware!
Mostly black and tan is Bailey, a catahoula I got as a puppy. She is a chronic chaser, but otherwise a great dog.
Little girl in the front is Beggar.
IMG_1853.JPG

About 3 months old here, Beggar is a blue tick/weimaraner mut mix. A pretty good pup so far.
IMG_1855.JPG

spinandslide":l1wqytqy said:
Zoomie Dog
Soooo full of life, and looks like she is a real 'cutie'! :pretty:
farmwriter":l1wqytqy said:
It has been my experience that stray dogs do become over protective.
Now that looks like a proper working 'crew' to me-not too sure about little beggar yet though! Do they share the grits and hashbrowns with you? :D

alisonb":1ek5hapx said:
spinandslide":1ek5hapx said:
Zoomie Dog
Soooo full of life, and looks like she is a real 'cutie'! :pretty:
farmwriter":1ek5hapx said:
Now that looks like a proper working 'crew' to me-not too sure about little beggar yet though! Do they share the grits and hashbrowns with you? :D

No my aussie cattle dog wont share her eggs with anyone not even me

Awwww! I can see why Beggar would make a good begger, she's got the sad eyes built right in. Cute!

Some nice dogs featured here, anybody else gonna share?? (And I still have one more dog to go but haven't found a good enough picture)

S&WSigma40VEShooter":11c89d8k said:
Now that looks like a proper working 'crew' to me-not too sure about little beggar yet though! Do they share the grits and hashbrowns with you?

Bernie is not too bad with people, but he can be very agressive toward other dogs that come into his territory. He had signs of severe neglect/abuse when he arrived here - embedded collar and rope or chain-type burn on a back leg, like he was left tied and got in a jam. The leg is permanently scarred. :cry2: So, he has good reason to be skeptical of others. Getting him to accept Beggar has been a tough road, but they're making progress.

Bernie also has a bit of a weight problem, so I don't like to give him table scraps, but the rest of the family ignores me totally in this matter! He loves ice though, so that's a fun treat for him.

Thanks for the compliments! :tiphat:

farmwriter":1bitcvbh said:
S&WSigma40VEShooter":1bitcvbh said:
Now that looks like a proper working 'crew' to me-not too sure about little beggar yet though! Do they share the grits and hashbrowns with you?

Bernie is not too bad with people, but he can be very agressive toward other dogs that come into his territory. He had signs of severe neglect/abuse when he arrived here - embedded collar and rope or chain-type burn on a back leg, like he was left tied and got in a jam. The leg is permanently scarred. :cry2: So, he has good reason to be skeptical of others. Getting him to accept Beggar has been a tough road, but they're making progress.

Bernie also has a bit of a weight problem, so I don't like to give him table scraps, but the rest of the family ignores me totally in this matter! He loves ice though, so that's a fun treat for him.

Thanks for the compliments! :tiphat:

I cant get no ice out of the ice maker cuz the cat stands there and waits for me to hit the button and hopes some falls on the ground. I usually let it cuz she bats the ice cube around the house like a play toy.

My wife's little Rat dog. Bandit. He is wearing casts on both back legs after having surgery to repair both his petelar tendons. That was 3 yrs ago and he is a demon on wheels these days at the age of 12. He thinks he is a Malemute. I had to fight him over a 2lb chunk of raw Elk meat the other day.

IMG_0620_edited.jpg

My good old girl Ginger 12 yrs old and still the love of my life. She has found and retrieved more birds than I can count. Still gets around but retired from the field. We still play fetch a couple times a week tho. She's good for about a 20ft retreive and not much more, but it makes her feel like she's still got it.

IMG_0866_edited.jpg

I have a 15 month old Lab bytch that is going on her first serious hunt next week. Hopefully I wil have some pics of her to post soon.

3-Way, you can keep that little bread snapper.....Now ol' Ginger looks like family....a real soul mate. My dad had one that looked a lot like her....when dad died ol' HOBO lived about 3 more weeks and then he died from no known cause. :cry2:

Ginger looks like a grand old girl. Hard to beat a good lab, they are almost always good dogs.

This is Dakota. We think she's a lab/bloodhound. She was kind of a rescue dog, the people who had her before lived in an apartment and were gone a lot so she spent most of her time locked in the bathroom. When we picked her up, she had no leash so they weren't even walking her. Must have just drug her out by the collar to do her business and then back inside. She had developed an obsessive licking habit, she had sores on her front feet and legs from licking them all the time. But she has gotten over that now and also lost a lot of weight and toned up. The only thing they did right was get her spayed. She's been a real good dog, it only took a couple of corrections and she accepted that chickens and cattle were to be left alone. She is not aggressive towards other dogs but if anybody starts it - she'll finish it. She is very patient and tolerant with kids.
Dakota_floor.jpg

MO_cows":23188sgp said:
Ginger looks like a grand old girl. Hard to beat a good lab, they are almost always good dogs.

This is Dakota. We think she's a lab/bloodhound. She was kind of a rescue dog, the people who had her before lived in an apartment and were gone a lot so she spent most of her time locked in the bathroom. When we picked her up, she had no leash so they weren't even walking her. Must have just drug her out by the collar to do her business and then back inside. She had developed an obsessive licking habit, she had sores on her front feet and legs from licking them all the time. But she has gotten over that now and also lost a lot of weight and toned up. The only thing they did right was get her spayed. She's been a real good dog, it only took a couple of corrections and she accepted that chickens and cattle were to be left alone. She is not aggressive towards other dogs but if anybody starts it - she'll finish it. She is very patient and tolerant with kids.
Dakota_floor.jpg

Good lookin girl. :tiphat:

MoCows, your Dakota looks like my Maggie! She is Lab and they said bloodhound, but I don't think so cuz her legs are pretty short...don't matter she is a good girl whatever she is. But she just loves calf poop, here she is denying that she just ate that plop...
MaggieAtePoop.jpg

Latest posts