Pet Peeves

Help Support CattleToday:

cowboy43

Reaction score
A pet peeve is a minor annoyance that an individual identifies as particulary annoying to them , to a greater degree than others may find it. Examples may be sloppy table manners,farting while eating, poor kitchen hygiene, smoking, gramar errors in written passages, ect.

I guess my top one is Dumb A-- people ,then dead beats.

So what is yours might be interesting?

My pet peeve is leaving dirty dishes in the sink. I can't stand the thought of it. It's kinda pathologic, when you think of it. I once came home from an invasive medical procedure that required heavy drugs and what did I do when I staggered through the door? Unloaded the dishwasher.

cowboy43":109gipnk said:
A pet peeve is a minor annoyance that an individual identifies as particulary annoying to them , to a greater degree than others may find it. Examples may be sloppy table manners,farting while eating, poor kitchen hygiene, smoking, gramar errors in written passages, ect.

I guess my top one is Dumb A-- people ,then dead beats.

So what is yours might be interesting?

Slo pokes driving in the left hand lane.

The thing that is getting to me most right now is idiot drivers. Sometimes it is soooooo hard not to give them a "Nascar bump". I remind myself of the $500 insurance deductible pretty often. :mad:

Lammie":2bge97ke said:
My pet peeve is leaving dirty dishes in the sink. I can't stand the thought of it. It's kinda pathologic, when you think of it. I once came home from an invasive medical procedure that required heavy drugs and what did I do when I staggered through the door? Unloaded the dishwasher.

Not at all. I detest dirty dishes anywhere in the house. The wife is a clean freak, but she can deal with a few dirty dishes, but not me.

The kitchen is clean, the dishes are in the dishwasher, and it gets run EVERY NIGHT without fail.

I believe that a roach will not live where it can not eat...

grannysoo":2ogi9zv7 said:
Lammie":2ogi9zv7 said:

Not at all. I detest dirty dishes anywhere in the house. The wife is a clean freak, but she can deal with a few dirty dishes, but not me.

The kitchen is clean, the dishes are in the dishwasher, and it gets run EVERY NIGHT without fail.

I believe that a roach will not live where it can not eat...

I'm so happy to find a fellow dish-a holic.

Slow walkers are my other thing. I have a pretty brisk pace, so when I get behind someone in a mall or in the hallway at school that just ambles on, it drives me nuts.

somebody blowing their nose in the restaraunt, dam i hate that.. or cussing a table or two over with your children and wife presesnt, women that have a grocery cart piled high in front of you, and wait till they get the total, too start digging for their check book. thats at the very bottom of their big ass purse

Dish-a-holic. I don't think I've been called that before..... :lol2:

And rowdyred is right on track too about that smacking thing. Makes me want to smack them and tell them to keep their mouth closed.

And while we're complaining, how about them folks that drag their feet when they walk. Pick them !@#$%& things up and quit shuffling them! :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

Gotta be cell phones.....driving and talking, walking and talking, shopping and talking and if they're not talking they're texting......what did some of these idiots do before cell phones?? And never bring one into my office unless you have it set on vibrate so you can ignore it when it goes off.

Ya'll are going good keep them coming I can relate to all of these. I was eating in a retaurant, the man at the next table blew his nose into his napkin (sounded like a bull horn) then proceeded to wipe the table with the same napkin , kinda runs your appetite cause you wonder whats been going on at your table, have you noticed how many waitress's are now bussing tables, stick their fingers in dirty plates and clean the table then bring your food to you.

Ok...here are mine!
  • 1. People in grocery store that wait until stuff is sacked before taking out their check book and writing check (or those with 1000 coupons to cash in).
    2. Uncontrolled kids ANYWHERE...where are the cages and leashes?
    3. Slow poke drivers.
    4. People that start a conversation in a checkout line with cashier after they've paid and the line is backing up.
    5. Non-smokers who get in YOUR space and bitch about the "smoke" (e.g., fan, cough, etc.)
    6. Kids that lean over the back of the booth in a restaurant...getting in your space.
    7. Bicycle riders that won't get out of your way on the road..."Suicide By Vehicle"...lol.
    8. Shopping Malls...before I wised up and avoided them...years ago.
    9. "Well Intended" people who innundate you with spammed jokes, chain letters, etc.
    10. People that don't return your phone calls or e-mails.
    11. Social, religious, and ideological "Activists" of any breed, sex, or cause.
    12. Smacking one's gum.
    13. Farting in public, next to people...were you raised in a CAVE?
    14. Arrogant, pushy, extra-assertive, domineering people...of any sex.
    15. Obviously...TELEMARKETERS!
    16. Having to explain to someone MORE THAN ONCE how to do something...
    17. People that don't listen and keep talking and ignore your comments.
    18. Too much CHEAP perfume on someone.
    19. Using one's teeth to scrape food off a fork...similar to raking fingernails on a chalkboard!
    20. So many more peeves...so little time...lol.

Running must be a Texas thing about our Rebel heritage I feel the same way, sounds like we need to go to the same counselor

Lotto junkies who take their time picking out the tickets they are going to buy and then redeem their other scratch offs, engaging the cashier in conversation while there's a line of people waiting.

Lotto junkies should have their own check out line.

And I agree. Cell phones... Or worse yet, those Nextel radios. I knew a guy once who would talk to co-workers on that dam two way, set loud, like the rest of us cared what they were talking about.

"Mr. Really Loud Cell Phone Talker"

I don't have a problem with stupid people. Its like I told a co-worker one morning. "I don't blame you for the way you are. I blame your parents." But this is about pet peeves.

How about someone chewing me out over the phone. It seems people are a lot more beligerent when there is substantial distance between you and them.

People that give money to homeless people at intersections. Your holding up traffic for crying out loud.

Homeless people that ask for a hand out while smoking and drinking a beer.

Lazy people that can't hold a job and always blame it on their boss. Hello, you've never held a job longer than a year and its always your bosses fault. Evaluate yourself dummy.

On second thought. Stupid people.

Walt

1. Slow drivers
2. Slow walkers. I have one friend in particular that walks slow as hell. It might be because I'm 10 inches taller than her, but she's still slow.

My pet peeve is people who dink around while you're trying to get something done. Like this weekend, we were painting the house we're going to be moving into- we have a time limit on getting stuff done before the carpet gets put in- and the fiance was supposed to be rolling the paint on the walls behind me after I got everything edged. Everytime I looked to see where how far he was behind me, he doing something else besides painting- dinking around with the paint brushes laid out to dry outside, or dinking around with the kitchen sink, or dinking around with the a/c, or dinking around with the ladder, or dinking round with the tape in the spot we already were done with. Ugh!

Latest posts