pet cow

Help Support CattleToday:

A

Anonymous

We need to know about a pet cow.It may sound funny but we want a cow just to have in our pasture to accompany another cow that we have and if anyone knows what kind of bread of cow would be the best i would greatly appreciate you sending me an e-mail.

The cow that we have,we inherited and we dont know much about it.We had another cow who was her sister and pasture mate for 15 years who just passed away recently.

Our cow is about 15 years old and is in good condition for her age.

[email protected]

Have you considered a Dexter...they are small, dual-purpose cows, a rare breed, the original "homestead" family cow. Some people get them as pets. (Most have horns, so that may be a consideration!) You can find breeders at: <A HREF="http://www.dextercattle.org" TARGET="_blank">www.dextercattle.org</A>

> We need to know about a pet cow.It
> may sound funny but we want a cow
> just to have in our pasture to
> accompany another cow that we have
> and if anyone knows what kind of
> bread of cow would be the best i
> would greatly appreciate you
> sending me an e-mail.

> The cow that we have,we inherited
> and we dont know much about it.We
> had another cow who was her sister
> and pasture mate for 15 years who
> just passed away recently.

> Our cow is about 15 years old and
> is in good condition for her age.

[email protected]

Just about any breed will work as long as it is compatible with the disposition of the older cow. You don't want something that is going to bully the old girl around, especially when it comes to feed. A steer comes to mind as a good choice. A younger cow when in heat may try to mount the older one, at 15 this old girl doesn't need the stress, bother or excitement.

dunmovin farms

> We need to know about a pet cow.It
> may sound funny but we want a cow
> just to have in our pasture to
> accompany another cow that we have
> and if anyone knows what kind of
> bread of cow would be the best i
> would greatly appreciate you
> sending me an e-mail.

> The cow that we have,we inherited
> and we dont know much about it.We
> had another cow who was her sister
> and pasture mate for 15 years who
> just passed away recently.

> Our cow is about 15 years old and
> is in good condition for her age.

I also have a pet cow. I think the best cow to get would be a Polled Hereford. If you want a really tame cow then I would look for a 4-her or FFA showman that would sell thiers. If you would like and if your close by I will sell you one of mine.

[email protected]