Personal farm related injuries

Help Support CattleToday:

chippie":8q845t3i said:
I have had a drill slip and drilled through my finger. I almost passed out from that. It hurt but it was the thought of what happened. Ick.

Well, you're tougher than me chippie. I knocked all but the front edges of my finger nail off my pinky with a sledge hammer when I was just old enough to swing one.
The dumb resident doctor we had, decided to sew it back on. I passed out watching him drill the second hole through my fingernail. :oops:

highgrit":8q845t3i said:
I can give Dave a run for injuries and stitches for sure. I've been shot with a 38 in my right lung, stabbed in the stomach and arm, been run down and over twice by a truck and that's just the pain other people inflected on me not using their fist. I have totaled 3 motorcycles, and was in a coma for a week the last time. Broke my back showing out for the girls while waterskiing, and my neck trying to jump over a truck on a Honda 3 wheeler, on a bet. Life's been good since I quit drinking and got married 28 years ago. Except a few years ago when a drunk at the river was trying to pick my wife up. I broke my wrist, and scuffed by boots on his head.

Sounds like my father in law before he met my wife's mama and Jesus. Except, you didn't mention anything about sleeping face down in a dirt ditch guarded by automatic rifles in a Mexican prison.

highgrit":1jzqn8fm said:
I can give Dave a run for injuries and stitches for sure. I've been shot with a 38 in my right lung, stabbed in the stomach and arm, been run down and over twice by a truck and that's just the pain other people inflected on me not using their fist. I have totaled 3 motorcycles, and was in a coma for a week the last time. Broke my back showing out for the girls while waterskiing, and my neck trying to jump over a truck on a Honda 3 wheeler, on a bet. Life's been good since I quit drinking and got married 28 years ago. Except a few years ago when a drunk at the river was trying to pick my wife up. I broke my wrist, and scuffed by boots on his head.
I promise to always be nice to you.
Thank you sir.

chippie wrote:
I have had a drill slip and drilled through my finger. I almost passed out from that. It hurt but it was the thought of what happened. Ick.
Drilled thru mine on purpose a couple times to relieve the pressure. In the course of the 1st time, I realized you really want to do this with a very high spindle rpm and nothing bigger than an .044 bit.

Latest posts