Permitless Carry in TX

Help Support CattleToday:

SteppedInIt

Reaction score
https://act.nraila.org/takeaction.aspx?AlertID=1650
Texas: Urge Your Representative to Support Permitless Carry Legislation, House Bill 1911
On Tuesday afternoon, the House Committee on Homeland Security and Public Safety voted 6-2 to report out HB 1911 by state Rep. James White, legislation that eliminates the requirement for obtaining a License to Carry (LTC) for law-abiding citizens who would otherwise meet the eligibility requirements to qualify for that license. This is a critical step towards permitless carry in Texas. The bill now moves to the House Calendars Committee, which will decide if and when the measure receives consideration by the full House.
The way it should be.

Alabama senate just passed a bill doing away with the permit requirement yesterday. On to the house for voting hopefully soon.

SteppedInIt":3lns2ib2 said:
https://act.nraila.org/takeaction.aspx?AlertID=1650
Texas: Urge Your Representative to Support Permitless Carry Legislation, House Bill 1911
On Tuesday afternoon, the House Committee on Homeland Security and Public Safety voted 6-2 to report out HB 1911 by state Rep. James White, legislation that eliminates the requirement for obtaining a License to Carry (LTC) for law-abiding citizens who would otherwise meet the eligibility requirements to qualify for that license. This is a critical step towards permitless carry in Texas. The bill now moves to the House Calendars Committee, which will decide if and when the measure receives consideration by the full House.
The way it should be.
On this we disagree Rep. White and I had a discussion on the issue this afternoon.
LTC gives certain rights as no background checks also the education of where you can't carry.
I see some nuts that play into the antis crowd by showing up to prohibited events and places.
The LTC will remain in place as well in the future as well.

There's already serious consequences. A permit will have no effect on the criminal wanting to carry. ..he's a criminal. The only thing the permit does is place a burden on the law abiding citizen to exercise his constitutional rights.

callmefence":1gkds1ze said:
There's already serious consequences. A permit will have no effect on the criminal wanting to carry. ..he's a criminal. The only thing the permit does is place a burden on the law abiding citizen to exercise his constitutional rights.
This is where we disagree Johnny Nut will be willing to show up.
In today's society to carry a sidearm I believe you need to go through some training showing you are proficient and knowledgeable in the law to carry.
You can't get a hunting license without a hunter education course.

The only issue I have with permitless carry is the recip agreements between the states

Caustic Burno":3k6euk66 said:
callmefence":3k6euk66 said:
In today's society to carry a sidearm I believe you need to go through some training showing you are proficient and knowledgeable in the law to carry.

YOU and ME can get a hunting license without Hunter ed.
You can also legally carry a long gun with no permit or education.
Permit simply forces people to line up ,pay their fee and get on a government register. The ccl course is a ****ing joke

Can't believe this is even a conversation.

2nd Amendment, maybe we should all look up the definition of infringed again, you're either infringing on it or your not, period.

But by all means, let's ask the government permission to do EVERYTHING from hunt, fish, drink a beer, get married, take a crap, build a barn, own a dog, grow weed (no I have never smoked pot, but could give a crap if you do!) to owning/bearing a GUN

We're all screwed

callmefence":11lrop4h said:
Caustic Burno":11lrop4h said:
callmefence":11lrop4h said:

Permit simply forces people to line up ,pay their fee and get on a government register. The ccl course is a be nice joke

Well maybe you and I can anyone born after 1971 all they can do is carry a long gun they have the certificate on them to hunt.
I think the background check to get a LTC is a good thing.
Lot more loose nuts today.
http://tpwd.texas.gov/regulations/outdo ... -education

Caustic Burno":2iu9wkn8 said:
callmefence":2iu9wkn8 said:
Caustic Burno":2iu9wkn8 said:

Permit simply forces people to line up ,pay their fee and get on a government register. The ccl course is a be nice joke

Well maybe you and I can anyone born after 1971 all they can do is carry a long gun they have the certificate on them to hunt.
I think the background check to get a LTC is a good thing.
Lot more loose nuts today.
http://tpwd.texas.gov/regulations/outdo ... -education

Thanks for pointing out how you where wrong and I was right