Permitless Carry in TX

Help Support CattleToday:

M-5":2r45pc2p said:
Kelly your are out of touch with reality, you will never know I have a gun , concealed carry is that, I tuck my shirt and you can not tell I have iwb 9 . I can slip my 38 in my front pocket of my jeans , I don't wear a hat at work , I smile all the time and never meet a stranger. You would be surprised how many young and old ladies have a gun in their purse. Only tell I have is I always sit in the back of the room and I never have my back to the door.
I regret posting what I did. I've shot with countless concealed carry people at IDPA matches in the past few decades (haven't shot in a few years) and they are a GREAT group of people. They dress very similar when on the street though, which was my point of maybe you are not as concealed as you think you are. They are all very sociable and not at all sour. Most on here (a social forum!) probably fall into this category. I respect most everyone's opinion on here, this feels like I was pot stirring due to my strong 2nd Amendment support.

BUT, there are far more people around here who conceal carry that never go to a match, and are pretty easy to spot in warm weather, and have a distinct look that I bet you can recognize if you start looking for it now, maybe it's just a vibe they put off? Most of these don't look very social at all. In my area there is very little reason to carry, so I take notice when I catch a holster outline on their lower back etc. It's not just a silhouette, sometimes you will catch sight of an actual gun. I wonder how many of those would swear up and down that "nobody would ever know" they are carrying?

Plus, there are plenty of exceptions to the rule, didn't say I could spot everyone, nor do I try, I'm not looking for them, they just stick out like sore thumbs sometimes.

Best concealed carry draw I have seen, quality is poor but they took all the good one's off youtube (Jim Zubiena on Miami Vice)

[youtube]https://youtu.be/fK0yLjVk0eM?t=55s[/youtube]
https://youtu.be/fK0yLjVk0eM?t=55s

I ain't fast never have been on the draw guess it goes back to my training by my old Marine Corps uncle.
I have no clue how many thousands of rounds we put down range. All of his training was being on target.
He was a WWII sniper in the South Pacific he had all daughters I was his boy.
He had kegs of WWII surplus ball powder for reloading.
The thing I remember most the NRA offered a 1911,M1 and an 03 all Army surplus and he bought the set. When he died he left those to his grandkids, left me his dress blues and flag along with pictures from the battle of Okinawa.

You would never guess I had a gun on me .. I wear shorts and tennis shoes all but 3 months out of the year. I wear fishing or tee shirts most of the time with a ball cap. I've been to both the concealed class and the hunters ed class . Both are jokes. They passed a lady in my carry class on her last shot . I shot the first 20 rounds and my instructor told me to save my ammo.. I've been in a couple altercations while I had my pistol but never thought to pull it. I will try to talk my way out of a situation, however that doesn't include giving up my wallet or letting someone threaten my wife or kids. I carry a small 380 most of the time. If I use it I'll have one arm around the guys neck upper body and the pistol stuck under his arm.. I hope I'm never in that situation.

Latest posts