Permitless Carry in TX

Help Support CattleToday:

How was I wrong fence when it is illegal for anyone born 1971 or after without hunter education.
That means anyone under 46 years old.
If you haven't looked lately we are greatly outnumbered.

Caustic Burno":3fko9ws7 said:
How was I wrong fence when it is illegal for anyone born 1971 or after without hunter education.

You said YOU can't hunt...I was born before 1971.

I know it's splitting hairs..But look I'm dealing with here.. :mrgreen:

callmefence":3nk0sec5 said:
Caustic Burno":3nk0sec5 said:

You said YOU can't hunt...I was born before 1971.

I know it's splitting hairs..But look I'm dealing with here.. :mrgreen:

They figure were too stupid and hillbilly to pass.
You was metaphorical.

Went to get a can of gas this morning and an older guy (like me) was filling up a can. He had on a pair of blue overalls and a pistol strapped on that looked like a 44 magnum. Was hanging on his right leg and a tie down string. Guess he's ready for a Tombstone street fight. Needless to say a lot of folks were looking at him.

TexasBred":3iazql0j said:
Craig Miller":3iazql0j said:
Put a sling on your shotgun and wear it around town. Probably be the best gun to have most times anyway.

I would be a heII of lot more scared of a street sweeper myself.
I don't get wanting to draw attention to yourself.
I dang sure don't want the bad guy knowing I am armed and have just become the first target.

Caustic Burno":3vn1q6mw said:
I dang sure don't want the bad guy knowing I am armed and have just become the first target.
Really?
cause it's usually pretty easy to spot the concealed carry guys from my experience.
WARNING, this may be offensive to some!

1. Usually wearing a vest or billowy long shirt of some sort
2. Usually older white guys with some extra pounds
3. Rarely smiles in public, like they don't like "people"
4. Usually has a look while out that they're a "wolf among sheep", like they're on alert
5. Many times (not always) wearing some sort of brimmed hat, cowboy or Indiana Jones style
6. If they wear glasses it's the metal framed type
7. When they rarely go to the mall, they hang out at the bookstore

There are a few other types, but this is the biggest group that I see. Men that never met a stranger usually do not carry, gregarious men that smile a lot in public while having a good time with friends/family don't carry, men that are muscular from a hard work and NOT working out usually don't carry (fat has nothing to do with this). Women are a little different, and they have purses.

I'm sure this will offend some, and may not describe you, just be aware that you may not be as concealed as you think. I don't personally concealed carry, but don't think I should have to get daddy government's permission if I wanted to, 2nd Amendment is pretty clear.

Kell-inKY":384urxhg said:
Caustic Burno":384urxhg said:
Really?
cause it's usually pretty easy to spot the concealed carry guys from my experience.

4. Usually has a look while out that they're a "wolf among sheep", like they're on alert
5. Many times (not always) wearing some sort of brimmed hat, cowboy or Indiana Jones style

There are a few other types, but this is the biggest group that I see. Men that never met a stranger usually do not carry, gregarious men that smile a lot in public while having a good time with friends/family don't carry, men that are muscular from a hard work and NOT working out usually don't carry (fat has nothing to do with this). Women are a little different, and they have purses.

I'm sure this will offend some, and may not describe you, just be aware that you may not be as concealed as you think. I don't personally concealed carry, but don't think I should have to get daddy government's permission if I wanted to, 2nd Amendment is pretty clear.
I would almost be willing to bet that for everyone of those that you spot as being obvious there is 1 or 2 that you don;t spot. The problem with that would be that those that you can;t tell woudln;t be willing to up and tell you if they are.

dun":2f8b48pp said:
Kell-inKY":2f8b48pp said:
Caustic Burno":2f8b48pp said:
Really?

I would almost be willing to bet that for everyone of those that you spot as being obvious there is 1 or 2 that you don;t spot. The problem with that would be that those that you can;t tell woudln;t be willing to up and tell you if they are.

That would be the smart ones. The ones that don't talk about it.
That don't tell what ,when , and where they carry.
Probably capable of dealing with snakes unarmed..

Caustic Burno":14kzymqh said:
TexasBred":14kzymqh said:
Craig Miller":14kzymqh said:
Put a sling on your shotgun and wear it around town. Probably be the best gun to have most times anyway.

I would be a heII of lot more scared of a street sweeper myself.
Absolutely it would but for those that want open carry it should be perfect. Kell might even want to try it.

callmefence":2rsttl4m said:
dun":2rsttl4m said:
Kell-inKY":2rsttl4m said:
Really?

That would be the smart ones. The ones that don't talk about it.
That don't tell what ,when , and where they carry.
Probably capable of dealing with snakes unarmed..

You would never have a clue I have one on me. All you would see is an old man in a khaki pants and shirt with the last ball cap I was given.
The last thing I want is to be in a gunfight or end up at one.
Just to holding ass if one breaks out.
The open carry guys scare me as having Lone Ranger syndrome.
With the road rage in people today that is the last idiot that needs one as well.

Kell-inKY":2u1nil06 said:
Caustic Burno":2u1nil06 said:
Really?

You picked us off for sure. I know there's at least 3 guns being packed in this picture.

We have open carry, but I would much rather people conceal it, for the same reason I don't care to sit around an openly nursing mother when I'm out to eat. Do what you want though.

Really?

I'm sure this will offend some, and may not describe you, just be aware that you may not be as concealed as you think. I don't personally concealed carry, but don't think I should have to get daddy government's permission if I wanted to, 2nd Amendment is pretty clear.[/quote]

You picked us off for sure. I know there's at least 3 guns being packed in this picture.[/quote]
Well I fit the few extra pounds. Isn't it real obvious I had one?

Kelly your are out of touch with reality, you will never know I have a gun , concealed carry is that, I tuck my shirt and you can not tell I have iwb 9 . I can slip my 38 in my front pocket of my jeans , I don't wear a hat at work , I smile all the time and never meet a stranger. You would be surprised how many young and old ladies have a gun in their purse. Only tell I have is I always sit in the back of the room and I never have my back to the door.

Latest posts