Performance Feed Company

Help Support CattleToday:

hillbilly beef man":kh3moa0c said:
Yep pretty familiar with this area, we sold at both Abington markets (exits 14 and 17?)for years before we started going to Glade.

Have u had good luck selling at Glade? I have sold some calves there but it seems like I have better luck selling at Tri State. Took 6 very nice steers up to glade that where weaned and had all there vac and when I unloaded them they was going to dock the price .10 per pound because he said they where short. So I brought them back home and took them to Tri state on that Friday and needed up making .30 a pound more than what he was going to give. But I have sold some in glade and felt that I have came out ahead so? Who knows

pricefarm":2lt4mdwe said:
http://www.performance-feeds.com/about-us/
Here's the link to the company that's opening in Abingdon Va
Same one that is in Tn. and probably a good outfit.

tom4018":3eye5i0g said:
shaz":3eye5i0g said:
The feed is really dusty. I personally don't trust them and my reasons are valid.
Curious which one of their feeds you used?

As far as trusting anyone it is hard. I like to buy all I can locally but our local mill priced themselves out of competition a few years back but they have gotten better. You could have the same feed mixed there weeks apart and it looked like totally different feeds and calves would turn their nose up at the trough and walk away. That was the deciding factor to make me change.

I fed CPC some but they got sued over some bad feed and scares me but really had already quit them before that, their feed was really dusty.

You just have to do what you are comfortable with.

I used the 14% and the 15%. They have the cheapest feed around and it's ok. I'm just saying keep an eye on the driver if you buy in bulk.

This company is based in lawsonville nc. Family run business and good farmers. They own over 3000 stockers and feed what they sell. I have been feeding their 13% beef stock for years. Sometimes it is too dusty but cows love it.

pricefarm":2oc96baw said:
hillbilly beef man":2oc96baw said:
Yep pretty familiar with this area, we sold at both Abington markets (exits 14 and 17?)for years before we started going to Glade.

Have u had good luck selling at Glade? I have sold some calves there but it seems like I have better luck selling at Tri State. Took 6 very nice steers up to glade that where weaned and had all there vac and when I unloaded them they was going to dock the price .10 per pound because he said they where short. So I brought them back home and took them to Tri state on that Friday and needed up making .30 a pound more than what he was going to give. But I have sold some in glade and felt that I have came out ahead so? Who knows

We have been going up there for about 4 years and I feel that we have did alright. Ours usually average 600 to 650 lbs and we have never have got docked on them this size. We got marked short on one dink 400 lb heifer this year, but that has been it. My biggest complaint is that take up does not start till 7. I can be unloaded at tri-state and be a good ways home before I can even get started home from glade.

ChWorley":8te77j6y said:
This company is based in lawsonville nc. Family run business and good farmers. They own over 3000 stockers and feed what they sell. I have been feeding their 13% beef stock for years. Sometimes it is too dusty but cows love it.
Doesn't matter if it's good or bad as long as you like them and the cows eat it. :shock: