Peppers

Help Support CattleToday:

No, till I googled it, I didn't know there was such a thing. Gonna have to order some of those seed. Pickled, they would make great gag gifts. :lol2:

If you get ahold of someone on the phone that has no idea what you're talking about you may have to send them a "pic" of what they are suppose to look like. ;-)

i know what you mean. Even your reply took me back a bit but I gave you the benefit of the doubt and googled it before spouting off some smart arsed remark. :mrgreen:

ga.prime":mtmepqwl said:
That's a neat idea sticking those weenies in there. I don't reckon the top half of the jalapeno would fit with the weenie in between?

LOL Playing with fire again sir.

Jogeephus":57jks4oi said:
Thanks! That is an awesome site. I read some of the reviews and wouldn't want them to sample anything I made unless it was top notch. They don't mind stepping on some toes. Its funny how people are so particular when it comes to their boudin. The photos and the grading gives me a great comparision on how to make better boudin. Its so easy and tempting to cut corners on it but apparantly the judges on this sight call the hand of those that do. Fred, its sounds like you are a true boudin lover. Do you make any yourself? (always looking for tips)
My son brought me some Alligator boudin from Baton Rouge last year that was really good! I'll ask him soon if
he remembers where it was from cuz I know we ate it all and don't have a wrapper...;) HEB sells a pretty decent Boudin here in the stores that I will look closer and see where it is from. Fresh green onions and some pop seems to cover poor rice and ingrediants which you won't find from some of the butchers in La that have a good mix.

Defiinitely an art to making boudin. Never made gator boudin. Made gator sausage once but it turned out too dry.

houstoncutter":1q1u12d4 said:
TexasBred":1q1u12d4 said:
Joe do you ever plant any of that "Peter Pepper"?? Looks sort of like a pecker. :cowboy:

Thanks TB, I am gonna have to get me some of those seeds as well!!! Lol.
HC I haven't raised any in years nor eaten any. My dad use to grow them every year. Mainly just to give away and get everybody laughing and asking "which one is yours". :kid:

http://amazing-seeds.com/peter-pepper-p ... -p-55.html

Not that I'd know anything about what those particular peppers are suposed to taste like, but I sure liked the taste of my regular hot peppers alot better. I grew a few plants and it ruined my fun...NOBODY NOTICED :mad: . What a waste of garden space. I'll have to go back to re-aranging the fruit basket so that the kiwis and bananas are organized just right.

I get black aphids from the pecan trees that the bite will shrivel the leaves of some plants, including peppers, and make them drop. They can defoliate a plant before you figure out that they're there.

I'm wondering if it isn't too much watering? We've had more rain than I'm used to and not much I can do about the plants getting all the moisture. I've always considered pepper plants all like it pretty hot and dry.