People with signs,etc

Help Support CattleToday:

tom4018":287onove said:
Years ago in Lexington, Ky a reporter or someone followed one panhandler from the busy intersection corner. They went into the mall parking lot, guy walks up to a nice BMW or Mercedes pulls his old rag clothes off and is dress in nice clothes underneath them.

I know people who have given people food that have the will work for food signs to see it thrown away. I think they are hoping for cash. A coworker one Sunday was coming out of Shoneys and a family was there begging for money to buy food, he offered for them to go in Shoneys and order and he would pay for it. He said you would have thought I insulted them.

Too many scammers out there that realy hurt those in true need.

Its bad when parents drag the kids out, because who wouldn't stop for a kid? I'm sure thatis what they were plnning when they dragged the poor kids along too!

GMN

3waycross":1cchujhy said:
TexasBred":1cchujhy said:
Jogeephus":1cchujhy said:
There was a guy who sat at the exit ramp of I-75 with his dog. He had a sign that said, Will Work For Food. If you told him to hop in you had some work to do he would decline the offer. I later learned that he lived in the Holiday Inn and would sit at the bar at night sucking back cold ones. Couple of friends of mine talked to him one night and he said he averaged a couple hundred bucks a day. Said the dog was the trick.

Jogee...if you'll pay close attention, the "starving man" looks like hel...the dog is always fat and sassy. I tried it once. A bich dog in heat came by and my dog got away from me and ran off with her. I threw down my sign, threw away my fatigue jacket, went home and shaved and went to the bar and bought my own beer. It ain't worth it. :dunce:

Good story but you and all us know that you did NOT try it. What a bullshipper.

Well I might try it if it wasn't so danged hot out there on the pavement. Just sounds like working would be a lot easier.

You could always just beg from 6am til about 10 then go to your RV and turn on the AC and watch some TV.

Should keep a fella in beer and cigarette money pretty good.

Now if yer thinkin about doing any fishin bait will cost more, so you might have to expand yer hours a bit.

My Mom's supervisor once told one of those people that he had some job openings. Guy told him that he made more sitting on the side of the road then holding down a job.
The one I saw that disgusted me was the guy holding up the sign saying he was vet trying to get to his family in Texas. People stopped to give him money. A year later he is still there with the same sign.

I have gotten the same felling that you all have here toward my church. I do not know which is worse the churches or the people on the side of the road. I think both could be more honest.

hillrancher":1itz833x said:
I have gotten the same felling that you all have here toward my church. I do not know which is worse the churches or the people on the side of the road. I think both could be more honest.

BINGO!

My son's former baseball coach is a minister(doesn't matter which church). Anyway I saw him and his wife the other day and we were talking about the economy. They were lamenting how slow their business was. I said I was surprised as it would make sense that people would come to the Lord more in hard times. Their answer; Oh they're coming to the Lord they just aren't bringing any money.

I went to the car and laughed so hard people walking by thought I had lost my mind.

3waycross":1v5pb8dt said:
hillrancher":1v5pb8dt said:

BINGO!

My son's former baseball coach is a minister(doesn't matter which church). Anyway I saw him and his wife the other day and we were talking about the economy. They were lamenting how slow their business was. I said I was surprised as it would make sense that people would come to the Lord more in hard times. Their answer; Oh they're coming to the Lord they just aren't bringing any money.

I went to the car and laughed so hard people walking by thought I had lost my mind.

ROFLMAO.....well you have to admire his honesty. Maybe they couldhave more of those "pot luck" dinners and at least he won't have to be buying groceries. Now if he's a baptist minister he's SOL when it comes to beer and cigs. :lol2: :lol2:

3waycross":5jqsilhu said:
hillrancher":5jqsilhu said:

BINGO!

This is the main thing I detest about organized religion, hypocrisy, and 2-faced attitudes.

GMN

Latest posts