People over 30 should be dead.

Help Support CattleToday:

MULDOON

Reaction score
Where the Stars & Stripes ,, And the Eagle fli
People over 30 should be dead.

Here's why

According to today's regulators and bureaucrats, those of us who were kids in the 40's, 50's, 60's, or even maybe the early probably shouldn't have survived.

Our baby cribs were covered with bright colored lead-based paint.

We had no childproof lids on medicine bottles , doors or cabinets,
and when we rode our bikes, we had no helmets.

(Not to mention the risks we took hitchhiking.)

As children, we would ride in cars with no seatbelts or air bags. Riding in the back of a pickup truck on a warm day was always a special treat.

We drank water from the garden hose and not from a bottle.

Horrors!

We ate cupcakes, bread and butter, and drank soda pop with sugar in it,
but we were never overweight because we were always outside playing.

We shared one soft drink with four friends, from one bottle, and no one actually died from this.

We would spend hours building our go-carts out of scraps and then rode
down the hill, only to find out we forgot the brakes..

After running into the bushes a few times , we learned to solve the problem.

We would leave home in the morning and play all day , as long as we were
back when the street lights came on .

No one was able to reach us all day.

NO CELL PHONES!!!!!

Unthinkable!

We did not have Playstations, Nintendo 64, X-Boxes, no video games at
all, no 99 channels on cable, video tape movies, surround sound,
personal cell phones, personal computers , or Internet chat rooms .

We had friends! We went outside and found
them. We played dodge ball, and sometimes, the ball would really hurt

We fell out of trees , got cut and broke bones and
teeth , and there were no lawsuits from these accidents.
They were accidents. No one was to blame but us.
Remember accidents?

We had fights and punched each other and got black and blue and learned
to get over it.

We made up games with sticks and tennis balls and
ate worms , and although we were told it would happen, we did not put out
very many eyes , nor did the worms live inside us forever.

We rode bikes or walked to a friend's home and knocked on the door , or
rang the bell or just walked in and talked to them.

Little League had tryouts and not everyone made the team. Those who
didn't had to learn to deal with disappointment.

Some students weren't as smart as others, so they failed a grade and
were held back to repeat the same grade.

Horrors!
Tests were not adjusted for any reason. Our actions were our own.
Consequences were expected . The idea of a parent bailing us out if we
broke a law was unheard of. They actually sided with the law. Imagine that!

This generation has produced some of the best risk-takers, problem
solvers and inventors, ever.

The past 50 years have been an explosion of
innovation and new ideas.

We had freedom, failure, success and responsibility, and we learned how
to deal with it all. And you're one of them! Congratulations!

Please pass this on to others who have had the luck to grow up as kids,
before lawyers and government regulated our lives, for our own good !!!!!

Agree 100%!

The "new" generation of techno-kids that are protected from normal life things, who are programmed every minute of the day by their parents, who eat and drink sterile things (God forbid they ever get a drink out of garden hose or a running creek) or lay their sandwich on a fence post and come back and finish it.

The "new" generation and their "sanitized" parents are the ones with all the "secondhand smoke" diseases, allergies, and other problems (not to mention being seriously overweight) who seem to exist on over-the-counter medications, "health foods," and all.

God help the "new" generation and their "sanitized" parents if the electricity (or batteries) are out for a week or more, they can't buy their "pure" bottled water to keep their bodies "pure", and they have to exist a day or more without "programmed" leisure time.

Finally, not sure but... "are you sure the 'Soccer Mom' mentality and all the SUV's and computer and cell phone sales/use explosion weren't a ploy by the Japanese to buy more SUV's and other gadgets and get back at us for bombing Hiroshima and Nagasaki? LOL !!!

Dang... :stop: Bill... LOL !

Hey! What's wrong with letting a kid have some innovative "kid" time, get hurt once in a while, and broaden his mind and creativity without the use of all the electronics? (Might reduce some of the teenage hackers who are creating computer viruses, etc... ????)

My wife was on the bottled water kick
I took some empty bottles from the trash, filled them up with our well water.
Nobody ever had a clue

You should be ashamed of yourself.

Not to mention all the medication they get now.. kid's too hyper.. give him a pill.. can't pay attention.. give him a pill.. depressed.. give him a pill.. allergy medication.. etc., etc.

kensfarm":1f007jgo said:
Not to mention all the medication they get now.. kid's too hyper.. give him a pill.. can't pay attention.. give him a pill.. depressed.. give him a pill.. allergy medication.. etc., etc.

A wack on the butt took the place of pills when I was a kid

dun

I never needed any pills, that pecan switch cured me of my ills. The worse whipping I ever got though was with a cane pole, but I deserved it. I accidently set the barn on fire and them hid the rest of the day.

JB

Yeah. I still have vivid recollections of being too sore to sit down. Must have been 'cause I was such an angelic child... :nod: Yep. I'm sure that must be it.

Note to all kids: Don't try and clean the kitty's litter box by flushing the contents down the toilet. This does not bring out the humour in most parents.

Take care.

So much of that is because parents are almost afraid to use the switch.. they end up getting a visit from Protective Services.

I sure am glad we didn't have kids!!!

TheBullLady":2a5o8eiv said:
So much of that is because parents are almost afraid to use the switch.. they end up getting a visit from Protective Services.

I don't spare the rod. And my kids respect me. There is nothing wrong with fearing the consequences.

TheBullLady":3i6nli6x said:

I sure am glad we didn't have kids!!!

I sure am glad that I did.

Switches are the best thing for kids. We use them as needed. There is no guilt around my house. They get in trouble they get spanked. Now go play.
Penalty paid. Grounding and time out they have to think how awful they are for an extended period of time. I want them to think something else, like lets make a fort.

ollie":3hbdat0z said:
Switches are the best thing for kids. We use them as needed. There is no guilt around my house. They get in trouble they get spanked. Now go play.
Penalty paid. Grounding and time out they have to think how awful they are for an extended period of time. I want them to think something else, like lets make a fort.
:clap: I love my kids more than anything and they know it. I also expect certain levels of civility and behavior from them. When they get tanned, it's over and we move on. No guilt and I sure don't write it down in my head to throw back at them later. When I see some of their school mates in action I am sure this is the right approach. What is even better is when they are shocked by what other people tolerate and tell me "that kid needs a spankin'" Not politically correct,but it works for us. :nod:

I agree 100%. I recently got married and got two kids in the deal. The eleven year old boy wasn't strong enough to pull the hammer back on the .22 I was trying to teach him to shoot. This comes from sitting on his butt all day and watching TV and playing video games. He didn't even know how to ride a bicycle. The 12 year old girl was a holy terror. She would rather lie than eat and had one He@@ of an attitude. However after my "new world order" of throwing out the X box and cancelling cable TV for the "junior" and having to use "corporal punishment" several times on the holy terror things are looking up. I haven't heard a complaint in almost two months. I guess they have two many chores now to have time to complain. LoL. Yeah, being a kid ain't what it used to be. You all take care.

Devin

Latest posts